India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @sam Dipa Karmakar has no chance of qualifying for Finals. Still two more qualification rounds are to be played. American Gymnasts will perform. only then final list will be made. She is already 6th.
    sam
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6769 Points
    edited August 2016
    Deepika Kumari & Laxmi Majhi let's us down.... or else we could have won atleast silver medal in this team event...

main hurdle is Korea and we are lucky to have draw with Russia and we didn't utilized it...

I might be sounding pessimistic but now winning medal in individual event is  pretty much difficult... I mean we seeded 20,24 & 43 and definitely need to face Korean opponents prior to SF event... all 3 Korean players seeded 1,2,3...

however slim chances are there for Deepika Kumari  if she can handle pressure... And I wish all the best for all 3 participants and mainly to Bombayla Devi
    munna219777
    Atanu Das has done well in ranking round.... 

He has a best chance to win Bronze medal... for that first he need to win against Sjef van den Berg
  • samsam 16526 Points
    Dipa news I posted here was posted by an Indian media house. I'm not watching it
    Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day for India. Heavyweights abhinav Bindra, Gagan Narang will be there in Mens 10 m Air Rifle. Mens Hockey team will play a cruicial match with Germany.
    Nagendra
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    if india needs to win a medal it should start tomorrow

munna219777
    edited August 2016

Schedule for 8th August

Shooting (Men) 10 m Air Rifle (Qualification & Finals) 17:30 hrs & 20:30 IST: India’s flag bearer and only individual Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra will be in action along with Gagan Narang in the 10 m Air Rifle event.

Shooting Mens Trap Qualifications 18:00 IST  - Manavjit Sandhu and Kynan Chenai Day 2.  If they manage to reach Semi Finals, then 23:30 IST

Archery (Women) Individual Eliminations 19:27 IST: Olympic debutant Laxmirani Majhi takes on Slovak Alexandra Longova.

Field Hockey Men – India vs Germany 19:30 IST: In Germany, the Indian team will face its first true test at the Olympics. A win over the defending champions for the past two editions of the Olympics will do well for PR Sreejesh and Co.

Hockey Women: India vs Great Britain 02:30 IST A day after the Indian eves played fellow Asian outfit Japan, they play a stronger opponent in the form of Great Britain, ranked seventh in the world.

Swimming Women: 200 m Freestyle heats 21:32 IST: 18-year-old Shivani Kataria will begin her Olympic campaign swimming in the heats of the 200 m freestyle event.

Men: 200 m Butterfly heats 22:04 IST: Sajan Prakash, who won 6 gold and 3 silver medals in the Indian National Games, will be India’s sole hope.

Nagendranamewtheldreddevil87
    So far all weight lifting medals won by Asians ( 3 gold, silver & bronze)
    and all cycling events won by Europeans ( 2 gold, silver & bronze) 
    munna219777