Online Chatting

Comments

• bida 25 bida 25 Kolkata140 Points
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    @rohan. you got brother dude ...@deepu is from Ludhiana ...
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    Goalless helped me to understand starting days of Goa football, all other areas were already well discussed in various bengali books like - stories about Nagendra Prasad Adhikari and Ghoti Bangal, birth of Md Sporting. I expected more about Ciric Milovan era but nothing new in the book. A photograph of "Barpuja (Worshiping the goalpost)" wrongly described as typical prayer before bid derby. Should we write a review of this book together for IFN @Archak ?

But you know any book or article always tell that - Indian football's grandfather was a rich guy and Indian football's grandchild is a poor guy, but nobody tells about how actually they became poor. No book so far addressed the issues like -
    1) 70 mins game in CFL for 70s and 80s

2) armature players with job and clubs (I think still now I-League and ISL players do the both, Shilton Paul is an employe of Chittaranjan Locomotive, Nabi & Mehtab - Calcutta Electric Supply, Rafiq - Reserve Bank of India, Sangram Mukherjee - Kolkata Metro and many more, Goans footballers are progressive in case of professionalism).

3) Lack of support for national teams and poor training facilities. Amal Dutta was sacked because he introduced 4-4-2 system instead of 3-2-5 system !

4) An Indo - German coach named Anjan (I can assume the then Robin Dutt) was appointed as head coach of NT just before Milovan arrived, I read it in many article published in "Khela" and he axed players like Krishanu Dey and other thin and short players but federation removed him without giving any time. That time he introduced Kuldeep Sing, Manjit Sing who had proper physic to represent India. This zone still remain grey to me.

munna219777archak
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    That 2nd point really bad that our players are still working

Can any one actually tell me how much an average Indian player is payed
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29747 Points
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @dhritman7 da Sure.
    I had a chat about the book with Kaushik Bandyopadhy in a seminar on the history of football. He said that the book actually focuses on the growth of football in India under the colonial India and how it spread across India. While the chapters like eight and ten were added just to give a slight overview of the present(2006) scenario.
    The book also aimed to enlighten the non bengali readers about the footballing scenario and how it evolved as there are plenty of bengali reading materials but hardly any in English.

dhritiman7munna219777reddevil87
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    btw planning to visit college street soon for the other book. message me and we can confirm the time
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    Where u get books about Indian football if in English I would love to get dem