Online Chatting

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Fucking hell though are India shitting it right now in the T20 series.
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    leave the clubs apart, the situation is they will support Brazil , Argentina throughout the year ( the cricket fans ) , they will cheer for them like they are fucking Brazilian or argentine . and then ask them about 2 Indian footballer, they will like " yaa! chettri and and and ..... , shit leave yaar , Indian Football , chaa! " this attitude sometimes warms my blood, sometimes gives me a hopeless, helpless feeling.
    this is about supporters , then come to the sports itself. cricket truly isn't a world sports. so a cricketer like sachin is unknown in Europe. also every sports is here to entertain people, but how can you commit yourself to a 5 day long sports? classical cricket ( both test and oneday ) is not a modern game at all. T20 is somewhat changed the scenario. Cricket isn't a team game in that sense. individual brilliance is more important, which I don't like personally. lastly corruption, bcci is the filthiest sports organisation of our country. money laundering kohi unse sikhe.
    NagendraDeb_Bandeepakc
    How do they not know who Sushil Kumar Singh is?
    Deb_Bankartik91
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Footy, Are those friends Bengalis or from other states?
    I was also someone who cheered for Argentina and knew only Chettri.
    I didn't follow Indian football because there was no good club in Kerala till kerala Blasters nor was our National team known for playing it the right way.
    Bengalis had East Bengal and Mohun Bagan, Goans had Dempo and Salgaocar. The rest of the country followed Epl, LA liga and the world cup and found solace with it.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    These sort of rallies are pretty common throughout Kerala during World Cup. I'd blame the poor performance of the Indian national team for it, not the fans. image
    Deb_Banarun
    Thank god this is not Brazil... those Argentina fans would be killed
    namewtheldatuljgspartadeepakcarchakkartik91
    @atuljg : bengalis , all are bengalis. you will find lots of foreign flags ( Brazil, Argentina, Germany , Spain even England flags I have seen ) but sadly no one of them know about India teams journey in WC qualifier. AIFF is to be blamed for this. No marketing at all. Though ISL is doing the job to uplift the face of an so called 'Indian ' league but it is not certainly birth of footballing nation ( because every one like football, watch football talk football except Indian Football ).
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6774 Points
    hey footydip... I can't totally agree with you..

May be it's true for few states ( for ex : West Bengal )... But based on few observations, we can't come to conclusion and blame all cricket lovers...

for example.. I'm from Rajahmundry, A.P.. There is no football culture and I haven't got touch to kick football till 10th class... after that also.. we hardly played... At that time,, I'm not even aware that there is a football team as we usually follow world cup.. not even Asian cup..

I have special interest and love on football.. So following it since my college days.. I became hard core fan only after 2007 Nehru Cup win...
    karenesudhakar2050
    bengalis all know about EB and MB and quite updated about them, like last result , name of players, coach. but then again a many of them don't follow Indian NT. Don't know players of NT , instead they support Brazil , Argentina and so on.....
    Deb_BanNagendrakartik91