Online Chatting

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6774 Points
    debarghya89  .... kudos to you and German football ....

it's worth to watch... nicely composed documentary with lots of information..... 
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    We should learn from S Korea Japan rather than European or Latin American powerhouses who were good at the game to begin with and have a genetic physical advantage. These Asian nations overtook us without a physical advantage like the western hemisphere guys, just my thoughts.
    kartik91ArsenalFan700
    EastBengalPride ... what's wrong aiming high...

however... German system is most established one... it's difficult to copy them....

Yes we can follow Japanese system....we can even check Uzbek system...

but.. reg South Korea.. your assumption is wrong... they are established one and always one of the top football nation in Asia... and reg physical advantage... can you name at-least one regular South Korean goalie/CB//Striker whose height is less than 6  ft....

also Japanese team average height is 5 10 + .. even Japan preferring tallest players in Goalie and CB position.. 

even we are moving in right direction... I mean in Goalie and CB position...
    but we need to get Forward players (strikers) who are physically stronger along with decent skills and pace..
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Not sure many people know what the Japanese or South Korean youth system is like and we should not just copy and go with it... look at all these countries, what they did, and pick and choose which things we would like to implement to India and in what ways.
    Nagendramunna219777kartik91
    edited July 2016
    yah.. that's perfect...

we need NOT copy or follow single system.. instead we can choose good points/things from multiple countries which will suit us...
    munna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    That's what we are doing -- mixing and matching systems. We took out a big cauldron and thrown in MLS (franchisees, conferences), A-league (closed league), EPL (glamour), Serie A (got ups and corruption), Soviet (PSU teams), Oil Economies (big ticket foreign coaches), master plan, and the lot.

We are bound to get there, sooner or later ...
    souravindiaNagendraCarbon_14footydipmunna219777kartik91
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    @sanram use Uber service is better than ola
    Deb_Bankartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30226 Points
    http://www.anandabazar.com/khela/saheb-returns-to-kolkata-league-after-serving-12-years-in-jail-1.418797#

I guess most of us have seen this report in Anandabazar Patrika a few days ago, especially the Bengali members of this forum but it is so immensely inspiring in the context of modern sports which has become tainted by scams and corruption these days that I finally thought I would summarize it for you people here. It is a seemingly miraculous story of a so-called jailbird who returns to mainstream society by the means of football.

Saheb: New Dreams

He wishes to return to the light of life from the darkness of jail. After spending twelve years of rigorous imprisonment in Jail, he wants to become 'sanctified' by playing on the green grass. A person who has become tired of listening to the police whistle within the four walls of the prison now yearns to listen to the whistle of the referee.

He wants to become free from the 'grievous sin' of murder and return into mainstream society.

He is Saheb Piada.

Bengal football is witness to many amazing incidents. The latest addition to it is the story of Saheb Piada,  a resident of Durgapur's Daspara.

On Tuesday, this thirty-something convict who has served a life imprisonment in jail on charges of murdering his wife will be signing for the First Division Club Milanbithi.

How did it become possible?

Saheb has himself narrated his struggles. 'Though the prison life was painful, life had become even more painful after I was released from jail. Because of my good behaviour and my skill in sports, I was released from jail before the scheduled time. But when I came out from jail, I saw that the world had completely changed. No one bothered to give me a job. Even people who were closely acquainted with me gave me the cold shoulder,' said the most successful striker of the prison team, Saheb. His voice chokes as he recounts his story. "I have seven brothers and sisters. My eldest brother has separated from us. Another brother is ill. My parents still work as bonded labourers. My sister is not yet married. I did not know what to do. If Mihir Sir (Das) did not stand by me in my hour of need, nothing would have transpired.'

It is a fact that the taint of the past cannot be easily washed away. Saheb had been released from jail three months ago. But this player of the jail team who had scored ten goals was becoming frustrated as he could not get any job. But the coach of the jail team, Mihirbabu, was not one to give up so easily.

These days, Saheb is barely able to make both ends meet by playing in tournaments arranged by small local clubs. (known as 'khep khela' in Maidan parlance). He was introduced to Milanbithi by Mihir. The jail team coach said, 'Their life becomes very difficult once they are released from prison. Though they wish to return to normal life, they often cannot do so due to the pressure of circumstances. Many of them again resort to crime to earn a livelihood. They do not have anything called fear once they have served jail. But Saheb wants to return to normal life. And football will be the means to bring him to the right track.'

Sometimes people commit horrendous crimes due to momentary fits of madness or impulse. They cannot compensate for such crimes even with their whole lives. The rest of the life is confined to the narrow cells of the dark prison house. But Saheb's story is a bit different.

He was sentenced to jail for a horrific crime like murder. After that, sports had been the only oxygen in those unendurably hard times. Saheb had become the captain of the team of the jail which played in the state league. Not only does he play football, he excels in kabbadi also. He had put in a masterful display in the kabbadi team of the jail too. But football is his first love. He says, 'Sitting in jail it seemed there was no escaping from these dark days. I was very helpless those days. Football has taught me to live life in a new way.'

In one of the matches, the jail football team had come to play in the East Bengal ground. It was there that Ranjan Bhattacharjee observed Saheb's game. He also liked what he saw of Saheb personally. Ranjan is now Milanbithi's coach. He did not think twice of Signing Saheb for his team. As he was telling, ' Football alone is capable of shutting out all the dark aspects of life. If a young boy can get back his normal lifestyle through football, there can be no greater attainment.'

If the Kolkata League can return a person who has served twelve years of penal servitude from the darkness of incarceration to light, then it would be no mean achievement even in the social arena!

That statement ' Football alone is capable of shutting out all the dark aspects of life ' is worth its weight in gold, isn't it? Isn't that the reason why we all are here?   

reddevil87Deb_BanfootydipEastBengalPridemunna219777
  • samsam 16539 Points
    This Is Not Africa, Or It's Discovery or NatGeo Pic.
    It's Sikkim!
    Life in the Highlands : Muguthang, North Sikkim.

MY STATE, MY PRIDE
    ArsenalFan700namewtheldEastBengalPrideDeb_BanCarbon_14munna219777atuljgkartik91