Online Chatting

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited July 2016
    @BrainFallINDIA ;; You live in the world of extremities. An organisation has to be money making machine otherwise plunge it into Lakhs of crores of Debt on Fantasy dreams??? "Economic Viability" is also to be seen!!!!

One has to look at reasons that 1) why Railway Employees are talking about Strikes? 2) Why almost every Regional Passenger Forums across all zones have hinted at difficulties such as increased cancellation charges? 3) catering/food quality has gone very low 4) Revenue from passenger tickets have fallen down 5) Shortage of Goods Train Rakes. 

Instead of focusing on such basic issues of improving railways for a huge nation of 1.2 billion people, just throw some fantasy samosa of 1 lakh crore debt to build a  high speed rail of financial disaster between two cities (Mumbai to Ahmedabad) which are already very well connected with about 30 trains daily and scores of flights. They dont even know whether they can recover that amount in 100 years?? This will permanently cripple the finances of Indian Railways.
    BrainFallINDIAEastBengalPrideDomnicgoalkeeparatuljg
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7393 Points
    edited July 2016
    Rebuttal for that needs research and i'm in no mood for doing one, brain's already falling asleep :P
    I partly  agree with your points and It's premature to call the project a financial disaster
    Stll miles better than the previous government  reign though

munna219777
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    edited July 2016
     Look bullet train as such is a non viable project financially. Here we were talking about the semi high speed talgo Coaches. It needs no new infrastructure to run. Coaches are also reasonably priced at 9crore per coach. It can decrease journey time by 5-6 hours in Mumbai -delhi route or any other route.
     That is good considering
    1. Time is valuable. , 2. You can reach the Same day. 3. Better facilities, 4. Low cost for running ( uses less energy as it is lighter than conventional coaches ), and usual indian locomotives are capable of hauling them  at 200 kmph. 5. Can work with existing tracks and signalling system , only fencing of some area and level crossing improvement need to be done. Better facilities are always welcome. 

Now the questions asked by @munna219777 ;

1. This mentality of strikes and dharnas has become an obsession, a mental disorder of union leaders. The Pay package after 7 th pay commission is quite reasonable enough. If they are incapable of leading a good life with that salary , we the west bengal state government employees should starve then ( as our pay is way less than them , for the same rank ) 
    2. Increase in cancellation charges  is a good step to eliminate illegal touts plus a way to earn more revenue. Indian railway needs huge increase in revenue generation. Becuase of previous myopic  ministers, and their vote bank politics Indian Railways is in a poor state. Increase in fare is also justifiable because they have to recover the cost of running.
    3. Yes I admit catering quality has gone way low than say decades ago. But it is a gradual phenomenon. Happening from at least last one and half decades, nothing new and drastic. Railway is doing some good job there also. IRCTC again is going to get full rights in railway catering. Also now we can order food from popular restaurants which will be delivered directly to my berth. E catering, pre booking of meals are few good initiative but we should improve.
    4. Railway in this term has increased ticket price reasonably to generate more revenue. But problem is, India is a huge country and we need public awareness. It isn't possible to check each and everyone's ticket at suburban sections of kolkata, Mumbai , Chennai etc. 
    5. I don't have any idea if we really have shortage in goods carriage recks. But maximum of railway revenue comes from there. Also IR is working on a 20k crore port rail connectivity ( sort of dedicated freight corridor ) project. Beside that they are going to implement time tabled freight train to avoid delay of passenger trains and smooth running.

Apart from above points we can see
    1. The cleanliness has certainly improved 
    2. Passenger grievance redressal through Twitter is fantastic
    3. New class of trains like
    Tejas ( premium train with highest fare and amenities like wifi, led display, announcement Prabhu has impressed me very much 
    reddevil87kartik91munna219777atuljg
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    Few months ago I read about Baseball state tournament in India . J&K was part of that . I like Baseball but no idea where I can play . Any idea guys ? In japan there are baseball centers where you put money in a box and get to hit 10 pitches at set speeds .
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    We have those here in the states, very common, esspecially at places where you can play mini-golf lol.
    AshishKaul
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29743 Points
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29743 Points
  • samsam 16533 Points
    goalkeepar Yeah, I know, People will say that, but I am not so sure