Online Chatting

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    @footydip Just one correction, no current Indian loco can haul a 9 coach train to 200 kmph, forget a Rajdhani which would have 15-16 coaches. The most powerful loco in India, the WAG 9 can do 160kmph while hauling a Rajdhani. 
    munna219777
  • samsam 16533 Points
    Update yourself mate
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    May be but I am not sure about it. How wdp 4 class clocked 180 kmph maximum speed with talgo coaches at mathura- palwal trial. Probably the weight , small amount of recks , design of the recks are some factors here. Wap 7 , wag 9 are more powerful than wdp 4. I am confused actually. Railway is claiming it can achieve 200 kmph. Talgo recks must be some factor here. 
    munna219777
  • samsam 16533 Points
    Indian engines are capable of running at 180 kmph with 13-14 talgo coaches 
    munna219777footydipkartik91deepu
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    http://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/with-coaches-filled-to-capacity-talgo-clocks-130-kmph-116071600667_1.html

In this trial, the speed clocked was 130 km/hr   It was a 9 coach train only. In India, we talk about 24 coach train filled with passengers. Imagine speed in those circumstances.
    The speed is just not comparable with European countries. We sometimes see just 5 or 6 coach trains in European countries. In Europe, intercity trains do not carry big passenger load or luggage.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-fancy-spanish-built-talgo-train-may-not-be-well-suited-for-indian-travellers-2215414

I have travelled in Spain from Barcelona on Intercity Talgo Train and trust me, Indian Railways AC Chair Car is more spacious, seat comfort wise, space for feet wise, luggage wise as compared to these european trains. Only thing Toilet is messy in Indian Railways.

footydipreddevil87
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    The problem in India is sharing of tracks between Slow Moving Goods trains and Faster passenger trains thereby adversely affecting the services in both. 
    munna219777footydipreddevil87
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Many small Bridges / viaducts in India are of British Era. They need to have correct assessment of carrying capacity of tracks in such cases with such loaded 24 coach Passenger trains and high speeds.

In America, Goods trains are given more priority. Amtrak (Passenger Trains) are delayed many times due to preference given to Goods Trains.
    In Mid-West states, it is a common sight to see a Double Stacked 1-Mile long Goods Trains powered by 4     4500 HP locos. But speed is compromised a lot. You cannot expect such trains to clock 100 plus miles per hour.

footydipreddevil87Domnic
    I don't have any first hand experience, but the point raised by you is quite legit it seems. We need space for our trains. But as per speed the article mentions that speed will be increased in further trials. 
    munna219777
    Wow that's a nice picture. I have seen one video of indian goods train having double stacked container. But they are very rare. And dedicated track for freight trains are very much needed. Chinese railway network in recent time has expanded heavily with all modern facilities, high speed trains and all. They are nationalized yet improved leaps and bounds in recent time. We should follow their footsteps.
    munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    China has way more money than us to build high speed tracks. India should focus on completing the DFC on schedule so it frees up existing tracks. Post that, upgradation of tracks can resume and speeds will consequently increase. Even the current WAP 7s and LHB coaches can do consistent 140-150 kmph which will reduce Delhi-Mumbai Delhi-Kolkata travel times by a few hours. We mustn't throw away money which we barely have in some sort of gimmickbaazi of bullet trains. 

P.s. Used the Sapsan high speed train recently to go from Moscow to St.Petersburg, it was a fantastic experience. Made the Shatabdi Express look like from medieval age.
    munna219777footydip