Online Chatting

Comments

• atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    edited March 2018
    @sam, Tri language policy was a great idea back in time but people of the Hindi belt have greatly misused the policy. The idea was for non Hindi speaking states to learn Hindi and English which they did.

But in return, the Hindi speaking people chose to teach the likes of Sanskrit instead of a South Indian language. They also marginalized English to great extent that a common North Indian cannot even tell what 'fifteen' is! That is the principal problem.

Every South Indian state should throw Hindi to the gutters just like Tamil Nadu did in the 60s. India does not mean Hindia! Hindi is just a regional language of the most backward states of the country and offers little economic or educational prospects in learning it. Mother tongue and English is the norm worldwide and that is what we should follow. 
    debarghya897negiindianFootballFanmohammed_87hassanmunna219777kartik91goalkeepar
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Whatever I am sharing is based on my personal or my close friend's experience. 

I was in Punjab for 4 years, I was in college where majority students were from South India and NorthEast India. Many of them not knowing Hindi and local Punjabi people don't know Hindi and English also. But people around the university and other students made these students very comfortable. Local People made sure they used tuti puti Hinglish to communicate with these students.  Which made LPU hub for non-north Indian students. 

Its all about the cooperation of the local people and this language issue never happened there. In Punjab, you can find road boards etc in Punjabi in most places and some time English and Hindi were used. But because of the cooperation of the local people, Hindi was never imposed officially on the local people. All the Local government works happen in  Punjabi. 

I don't know why central government is imposing Hindi in South India when they are not doing in Punjab where BJP had a government for a while. Same for places like Bengal, Gujarat, Maharastra etc 

But here is my understanding of it, so many of my friends ( Engineer) are working in Bengaluru, Chennai, Mangalore etc in the leading IT companies of the world. One of my close friends was placed in Bengaluru and when he went first time to the place, he gave 10 times money for the local Auto, taxi transport just because he did know the local language and even driver's know a little bit of Hindi and English they just made him fool. ( of course, i am talking about pre OLA, UBER and Google Maps days) A friend lost all the money which he brings for the first month in first 10 days only while travelling here and there. 

So there are many cases like this happened with my friends and I saw many other people complaining about same. So I don't know this is one of the reasons for doing it. But some of the local people made fool of non Local language speaking people which is not good. That might be the reason Central government trying to do 3 languages in whole India so that even people who don't know English properly can communicate using local or Hindi language. 

Why Hindi? I don't know but maybe government might have some data that provides them info that part of the total population know basic Hindi may be. 
    Nagendragoalkeeparindian_goonerkartik91
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6500 Points
    ;7negi  and all friends..

Whatever Maddie said is not true in Andhra Pradesh (even in Telangana) ... May-be Govt is imposing Hindi in Karnataka ... that might be bcoz of national parties BJP & Congress are strong over there...

In A.P..., billboards , high-way routes etc., are in all three languages ( Telugu, Hindi & English).. even in banks, railways , we have feasibility to write in Telugu..

In SSC (tenth), Passmark is 20 out of 100... for other subjects.. minimum 35.. This is just an example... we never felt like govt imposing Hindi on us...

Lot of Hindi speaking people love to stay in Hyderabad as most of the local people can communicate in Hindi..

Everyone needs to love their regional language ... I'm comfortable with my mother tongue and would like to communicate in Telugu.. However, learning additional language is always good... and I prefer English & Hindi as they are official languages in India... 
    goalkeeparDeb_Banatuljg7negiCarbon_14namewtheldmunna219777SOCCER4klindian_goonerkartik91
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Agree with @Nagendra. From what I noticed in andra Pradesh is most people can understand Hindi and also they seems to have no problem with Hindi. 
    Nagendra7negimunna219777
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    I do understand Hindi, Telugu, Tamil additional to my mother tongue Kannada  and English.  I don't have problem people speaking or using the language.  

I agree Nagendra point, We cant fight to get what we want because Congress and BJP is strong here. Upcoming elections Karnataka should vote for local party so that Karnataka govt have bargain power. 

Will I get service in Kannada or any other lang in Delhi or any other state. Why Hindi should be served all over in India ? Learn English and If you stay out of your state , learn the local lang

Like Me  - Rest of the Hindi belt needs put effort be Multi Lingual,

Why only Bengali's,Marati's, Telugu, Tamilian's , Mallu , Odhia and Kannadiga's needs to be Multilingual ?  We are also part of Indian Union, We also have rights. 

Do you know why I'm so vocal, because I know how people are being served in their own backyard 

goalkeeparatuljgmohammed_87hassanashindiaCarbon_14
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Learning Hindi has its own advantages. Knowing it can help to navigate in the Entire North, Central, West and East India if you are going there for few days or stating there temporarily. If you are going to stay there for longer period, its always better to learn the local language, which is what people normally do.
    Another point is that most of the Hindi speaking states have agricultural economy and cannot have the same development as the other industrialised states. Yet Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh are no more backwards states while Bihar and UP have shown progress in recent years. 
    goalkeeparatuljgMaddiemunna219777indian_goonerkartik91
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    edited March 2018
    What Nagendra said is ideal but that is not the situation in North India. South Indians followed the three language policy but is very weak in Hindi usually. Most of the time, they are much better in English apart from their mother tongue.

The issue arises when a South Indian travels to North India or a North Indian comes to South India. In both situations, a South Indian is expected to speak in Hindi to his/ her citizen. The global 2 language policy of mother tongue and English is best moving forward. Inter-state communication should always happen in English. 
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    But here is my understanding of it, so many of my friends ( Engineer) are working in Bengaluru, Chennai, Mangalore etc in the leading IT companies of the world. One of my close friends was placed in Bengaluru and when he went first time to the place, he gave 10 times money for the local Auto, taxi transport just because he did know the local language and even driver's know a little bit of Hindi and English they just made him fool.

--- 

@7Negi  - I dont want to give example of this Delhi,Nodia and UP for others state people because the list is endless.  I dont want to debut North/South. If we need to united, it should be based on diversity not on nationalizing the language.

Let me rest this case -  Let the state decide which lang to be studied and business should happen in the state. All the transactions should happen in the local lang plus which ever lang Indian union require additional.  All the central jobs examination should be conducted in all the lang's. All the state jobs should be conducted int he state lang and English. 80% jobs should reserved for the locals (this will help to balance development across India). State lang should be given priority in the central institutions.  
    atuljggoalkeeparCarbon_14kartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Guys !!! In a Diverse country like us, there is no shortage of reasons to fight. People agitate in the name of Language, Religion, Region, Caste, State.  It is all part of Politics and Media. They are all emotive issues and are used to divert attentions from real problems plaguing the country.

Focus should be on Economy, Jobs, infrastructure, Education, Healthcare, Agriculture, Science & Technology.  Energy should be used in asking questions and enforcing positive changes there instead of fighting on complex social issues which can only create friction.
    goalkeeparindian_goonerashindiaCarbon_14namewtheldindianFootballFankartik91
  • SOCCER4klSOCCER4kl kerala451 Points
    A biopic on IM Vijayan soon, it seems Nivin Pauly as likely candidate.
    thebeautifulgameBrainFallINDIAindian_goonerashindia