AFC U23 Championship 2016 Qualifiers

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I only care because it pisses me off every time a player comes out of the shadows and does thing to lift our hearts and all of sudden we find out he is actually overaged and thus this is just this player on a good run of form or prime and they will drop off soon.

Look at recent big talents such as Jeje Lalpekhlua, Lalrindika Ralte, Holicharan Narzary, Seminlen Doungel, Haokip etc. They have all at some point done great things in the I-League but they are all also considered overaged.

If there is a player under the age of 23 on paper doing well in India he is probably overaged... I hate that! Even guys like Sandesh Jhingan are apparently overaged. Next you will tell me Gurpreet Singh Sandhu and Romeo Fernandes are overaged players as well... brilliant!!!
  • PondicherryPondicherry 341 Points
    I don't think there would have been anyone in par like them, I am just wondering who would the new kid in the block be after Sunils retirement, which would be in another say 3 or 4 years.
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    And in Lyngdoh's case.. The new kid in the block is 28. Fuck me.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Atleast we dont put men in our womens football team
    goalkeepar
    But thats it... we've had many times when we thought we knew who it was. It could have been Jeje a few years ago and now we are focused on Haokip but both are apparently not far from Sunil's age.

Only Balwant Singh seems to be a normal player who at 28 is banging in goals.
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    Here is how i calculate a players age Jeje started his career in 2008 i.e he has had 8 years in the league , now in India a player does not get to play for his club till he is about 19/20...considering this Jeje should be close to 28-29. If we consider Haokip with the same formula he should be around 23...which i feel is pretty genuine. More over if one searches the internet thoroughly , plenty of info about a players past can be obtained which make it easier to determine their ages.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @Pondicherry
    bhaichjng bhutia got caught in his 1st tournament for India aged U-16 .
    he wasn't allowed to play..
    rudra
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    so means sunil chhetri is 32-33 ....
    @dhungel35 You also got to consider things like what age he was when Pune FC signed him to an academy deal. You never know what level this guy was on when signed footballing wise.

He is 22 now on paper... 23 would be amazing.
    bida 25
  • bida 25 bida 25 Kolkata140 Points
    @dhungel35 Jeje played one game in 2008 that to in second division considering his age to 19 at the time and this is his 6th season and how can he be 29? Did you do the right calculation and Haokip started last season so vague formula of his age being 23