AFC U23 Championship 2016 Qualifiers

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    reason you guys think our U16 and U19 etc are better than they are , is because of overage players.

They are successful at those age groups because a +2 year difference is massive

At U23, it makes little or no difference ,so we get hammered.

Arthur Papas enjoyed some success because he had the like of Dika, Jeje , etc who were all above 25 at the time !!!

Our technical and tactical levels are so far behind it's untrue...

Look at the hours of coaching a Indian junior player in the team has had , then add the number of competitive games he has played in the last 5 years
    Now compare this with the likes of Iranian , Iraqi , Chinese , Thai ,Australian kids at the tournament...

The difference is frightening...

Our future U-17 team which we are hoping on ( U-14/15 right now) has had a 6 fuckin month hiatus....
    When will they play League games or competitive games, not meaningless friendlies versus Goan C Division teams...

AIFF Technical committee is full of old idiots ,and will never learn... 
    munna219777Ashleshgoalkeeparshibiersouravindiarudra
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

I wonder what is the role of Technical director in AIFF.. shouldn't he be the guy getting all these setup done for the club??

I was hoping for better performance from the officials at age group level with responsibility of WC host on out shoulders.. but you comment always brings down the hope and gives a reality check

shibier
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Our TD is an idiot who's best role before this was probably in Cambodia... also, man can't do everything on his own... needs help.

Also... people will kill me for this but I am sorry, I need to bring this up and I don't mind people correcting me for being wrong but is it time to start thinking about the NorthEast states where these overaged players seem to come from the most. It seems that every time we have one player of promise from the region they are overage and lets be honest, physically they are twigs.

I don't know what to do about this and I don't want to generalize but people say that the NorthEast is our "un-tapped" land for football yet I feel it is hurt by things like age cheating and the like.
    bida 25 goalkeepar
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Mr Savio 

Team bus caught fire and he decided to walk towards hotel with his friend and left all players in between of the accident !

then Stephen made sure all players reach hotel safely !
    ashindiamohammed_87hassan
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Ah Savio... can we send him to Sri Lanka or something so that he never appears in Indian football again?

In fact, we should make a list of officials and coaches we don't want back in Indian football... put them on a raft and just let the raft drift off and wherever it ends up, it ends up... of course if it lands in a tropical paradise like Tahiti then we kick it again.
    samRonnyDeb_Bangoalkeeparreddevil87bida 25 shibier
  • PondicherryPondicherry 341 Points
    I more upset with AIFF than Savio. They are killing Indian football. We think we are going somewhere but we are no where.
    Deb_Ban
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    why are u upset with AIFF..There was not enough time to prepare these guys as clubs wont release them for long..not sure if AIFF has money for friendlies..maybe unable to pay Stephen for these 3 matches also..injured players didnt help the cause either
    munna219777Deb_BanArsenalFan700
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    In fact I think this time the team was not overage
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    How come this age cheating doesnt get detected in AFC or FIFA competitions? Is there no international standard test/check mechanism to counter this menace? Its worse than doping IMO.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    Cause to examine through bone marrow is quite expensive plus it doesn't give an exact age(+-2yrs).