Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    @gaffertape, can we have a similar injury-list for the foreign players as well? That may give us some comparative insight. 
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Atleast the Fed Cup cancellation can help players rest for atleast one month.
    atuljgAKB
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    FIFA set to send notice to Aiff as they cant cancel knockout cup like this ..they may have to start in FA cup style
    Deb_Banmunna219777EastBengalPridegoalkeeparAKBreddevil87sam
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @Deb_Ban please go thru all those foreign players and give me the details of injury. ..

I personally don't care..as half were retired or gouig to retire. .so not relevant. ...

Only care about Indian football
    Maddie7negiDeb_BanEastBengalPridemunna219777AKBarchakreddevil87
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @7Negi Really? If Australia can go through years without one then so can India. I am sure if the AIFF explain why there is no cup then FIFA would accept.
    AKB
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Injury was our biggest concern even before the ISL circus was thrown open and @gaffertape's analysis presents a very compelling case against ISL but who cares really?

munna219777Deb_BanAKBarchakreddevil87
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    edited April 2015
    @Gaffertape Are you sure about Haroon Amiri? He injured himself in YBK in the last match and I think its because of the turf. Also, ATK did a month long pre-season in Madrid, didnt they? Also, Shubhashish's injury is also caused by the artifical turf in Shillong as was published in media.

@Deb_Ban You can add Dudu to the list of injuries. I am not sure though how serious it is but this is the second time he is injured this season.

@7negi Some more details on that please!
    Deb_Banjitug1979
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited April 2015
    @ArsenalFan700 Australia also must have got notice from FIFA to start Cup tournament. WE have discussed this before also. Some sort of Cup Tournament existed there.
    Australia Cup 1962-68
    NSL Cup 1977 - 1997
    A-League Pre Season Challenge Cup.   2005-08
    Dont forget that Australia changed their Football Body and confederations multiple times also.

How many countries can you name which do not have Cup Tournament? Even Guam has a Cup tournament.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:National_association_football_cups

What reason can we give to FIFA for cancellation of Federation Cup?
    EastBengalPrideAKBarchak
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    ISL! Thats enough reason, no?
    munna219777Deb_BanhadfadkarAKBarchakreddevil87
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    It's a convenient excuse to blame YBK or Shillong turf ...

But fact of the matter is...there is enough data from FIFA to show that artificial turf doesn't have a greater ACL injury rate compared to grass.

Poor choice of footwear on turf....poor strengthening of the surrounding muscles and ligaments os more often the case.

In most pre season clinical studies of footballers...the weakness in Glutes and imbalances are corected and strengthening programs are devised along with prevention programs...

How many of these cluba did this....mass negligence by these Clubs.

Loads of US soccer is pmayed on artificial...and we don't have such high incidence of ACL...and neither does the Moscow team .
    munna219777archakreddevil87