Indian Super League Player Transfers 2015

Comments

• dhalidhali Kolkata58 Points
    LeedsonperezArsenalFan700 I think young players like Avinas Ruidas,Prohlad Roy & others should leave BIG club like East Bengal because they will not get much chance to play in ILeague matches. It they do not play regularly then their performance will go down.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    That depends on them then. They could go to say Mumbai and play almost every game but will they?
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    We need more clubs in ileague (atleast 14) and definitely a full fledged ileague 2 (it does not compete with ISL) so can go on from Sep to April, with even 20 clubs with matches on weekends . This will widen the pool of players available and allow the smaller clubs to invest in building local support bases. Smaller city teams like Bhubeshwar/Jamshepur/Coimbatore/Kohima will attract 10K plus crowd for home matches if marketed properly and all of them already have decent stadia.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    This I disagree with. Despite the ISL, I still believe a franchise league is the best way to go for Indian football... just in a much less extravagant way than ISL but more Bengaluru FC.

We are just assuming that these smaller city teams will draw crowds so easily... they might, but how much are fans willing to pay before they say "whatever."

As for I-League in the current scenario: It can't happen. I-League for now has to remain between January to May.
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    At the same time, isn't it wrong to assume the owners of the smaller city based franchises will be interested in a second tier competition?
    You can't expect full house in every home game, so the revenues from ticket sales will not be that helpful. I have said before and am saying again, proper transfer fee is the way forward to professionalism.
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Helder Postiga to ATK deal looking tough as he is considering signing for Yokohama Marinos
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9976 Points
    I doubt if the officials were impressed by I-league performances. Where are players from the league winning side? Lingdo and Rino Anto signings at that price are surely influenced by the words/ acts of Constantine.
  • clayton SFCclayton SFC 675 Points
    common mate..lyngdoh was the best performer for bfc in the recently concluded I league. no doubt he deserves that price tag. but will not accept the case of Rino anto. his case was totally inflated as many of the franchises were in a bidding war to sign him.FC Goa wanted him badly coz at times debarata Roy goes off colour.
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Mumbai City sign Ireland International Darren O'Dea