Indian Super League Player Transfers 2015

Comments

• debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    The rule is 10 foreign players + 1 Marquee...ATK announced Valdo signing by a press release
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Teams are losing 30 crore a season, you expect them to start full-time academies which can churn out players now?
    gaffertape
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 Yes and it should be insisted upon...as they are monopolizing the domestic calender...The rules of developmental sides for ileague teams should be made stricter and applied to ISL 1st as they have the 1st right to the domestic calender and certainly more revenue. Regarding 30cr loss, don't believe everything you see or hear...lot of it is for tax saving for the parent company.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    And you have proof of that anywhere? What gives you any idea that they are not losing that much?

Disregarding the I-League and the rules they need to follow, the ISL should not focus on creating youth academies yet. They take a lot of money to make operational. You need good facilities, coaching, equipment, and other expenses such as travel and such. Also where would they play? And I am not talking about a simple youth team like ATK have or that they I-League clubs have but a proper youth academy.

I would rather the ISL continue with the slow and steady approach, especially regarding the youth development. I will believe them when it comes to the losses of money cause if you follow other sports leagues you would know that is what happens. Also, if they do start academies, they should be started at the U15 level and below first before anything else so don't expect any ISL first-team appearances for awhile.
    @ArsenalFan700 I totally agree that we cannot expect youth players if the academies are set up today to appear in ISL anytime soon, but a tournament around which the whole Indian calender revolves cannot be absolved of any responsibility. They need to set up full international standard academies for them to command such priority in the Indian football scene. When AIFF expects ileague 1 and even 2nd division teams to put up such academies without any kind of revenue propositions, on what basis is ISL absolved??? There is no logic apart from the fact that #IMG will never allow it, and AIFF top brass is too involved in the gravy train to ever stand up for Indian football.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    "...Disregarding the I-League and the rules they need to follow, the ISL should not focus on creating youth academies yet. They take a lot of money to make operational...." -- that is the way it should be! Youth development and all that shit is to be reserved for I-league, whereas ISL should concentrate in where it matters: making money. In any case, ISL clubs DO involve in day long grassroots programs, don't they?)

And I-league clubs better shoulder that burden, because they are the clubs who are in the black, not the ISL clubs. See, ISL clubs have to spend in a lot of accounts, youth development should not be added in it,
    @Deb_Ban we are in the minority here.....most of the youth on FB/IFN seem to have been convinced that #IMG is a gift from god for Indian football and #ISL will take us to footballing nirvana, we can shout and rave but the damage is done. Money has spoken and ileague will collapse as soon as AIFF/IMG can find a way to do it without invoking a FIFA/AFC ban. I actually hope that the top ileague clubs should stand up and tell that either ileague gets a competent CEO and participating clubs have a say in running the league or lets call it quits (which will happen anyways in 2-3 years). I don't see another way out.
    Deb_Banmunna219777reddevil87goalkeepar
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    AIFF / ISL need I-league otherwise FIFA and AFC will ban India membership as a country with not any recognised league.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @munna219777
    i can name ovwr a dozen countries with no recognised too league like an I-League that are not banned by FIFA
    dhali
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    No one here knows what's going on inside IMG? Only @gaffertape can tell.
    Can you elucidate @gaffertape?