2015 SAFF U19 Championship Nepal

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    wow. country's rising national team youth coach prefers govt. job!
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    Wht is the exact age of Daniel .,he is bee there for a while now??and somebody like sajid,sarthak etc..
  • RonnyRonny 10461 Points
    Overall I think we were let down by our strikers Daniel,moinuddin,kamal etc big time.. The defense was pretty good considering the hostile crowd and overage plays of other teams (let's admit that also)..to be honest Gursimrat,Sarthak and Jerry are good enough for final 11 of the AFC qualifiers team.. I still can't understand why hayden was not utilized.. He looked very good when he came on..a very good penalty as well
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Who cares? These kids are being spoiled in these academies, getting lazy and worthless. Loose to Bangladesh Nepal.. Kick these players coaches out, shut the academies and start youth leagues.
    Deb_Ban
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited August 2015
    When you are in club you have hunger to represent national team but i see this hunger being missing at our youth level because of aiff academy such a small pool..
    For eg daniel knows he wont be dropped of nt squad because there is none available outside to replace him
    kartik91reddevil87
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    isnt our B team reaching the finals a big achievement in both the saff cups?
    I mean its the B team
  • karanshkaransh 542 Points
    What is meant by B team.All these players were brought in as the best talents available in the country.  May be the coaching they were given from the beginning was some B stuff.
    Deb_Ban
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

Isnt it a failure to find 50 good players who are worthy enough to win SAFF cup??

here A team goes best 25 B team goes next 25... We can produce only 25 best players in an age group?? that is really a failure of our youth system

rudramunna219777reddevil87souravindia
  • @Shankar

Youth System? Is there any youth system?

A proper Youth system actually signifies not only proper academies but also proper youth leagues at appropriate levels. A youth league atleast starting U-14, U-16,U-19 and then Reserves followed by Proper Professional League and not highs and hooplas..

Only when such a structure is in place, football will start to improve and that is a long term process. SO if you start now, then probably you will get results after the next 10 years.

THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS IN MODERN DAY FOOTBALL

Deb_Banreddevil87kartik91
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I would argue that we don't need a reserve league, per say, as we have the perfect structure on paper with the national and regional leagues to set up "B" teams... BUT THAT SHIT NEVER HAPPENS!