SAFF News

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29245 Points
    I hope they don't bomb our players 
    indian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    It is upto AFC to decide on security concerns. Recently Davis Cup (Tennis) was successfuly held there. International cricket is returning in that country. AFC has okayed Iraq, Palestine to organise international matches. so it cant be worse out there.

SAFF has their own limitations. Maldives and Bhutan are not capable of organising this tournament-they need 2 AFC approved stadiums. ISL does not allow AIFF to organise SAFF. How many times Bangladesh and Nepal will host ???
    indian_gooner
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Why? 1 stadium is not enough? Many times we see all games in one stadium only.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Considering the deteriorating relationships these days, I have a feeling that we might withdraw. 
    goalkeeparatuljg
  • @sam , exaclty my point. saff 2015-16 was in greenfield trivandrum
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    @munna219777 Maldives hosted AFC challenge cup in 2014, so 2 stadium criteria should not be a problem for them.
  • samsam 16428 Points
    SAFF draw ceremony will be held on April 18, 2018 in Dhaka.
     Is there any chance of an invitee team?
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited April 2018
    @shinier For 2008 SAFF Cup, Colombo was the joint host along with Male so 2 stadiums were used. For 2014 AFC Challenge Cup, Addu stadium was used along with their National Football Stadium , Male. Maldives faced lot of criticism for their inability in timely  preparation of Addu Stadium. After few matches , AFC shifted Addu matches back to Male and reprimanded Maldives. Nepal has used Halchowk stadium along with their usual King Dashrath Stadium.
    Many times, 2 matches warrant simultaneous start if last  matches in a group has to decide that which team will reach Semi-finals. It will prevent unfair advantage to the team playing last match.  It is good to have two stadiums. Remember that 7 or 8 National teams require adequate training grounds too.

Not any strict rule but ideally it is better to organise tournament with better infrastructure. Maldives, Bhutan are not capable of hosting  it on their own.
    Deb_Banshibier
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Maldives and SL can be joint hosts. Also Bhutan and WB (just to help them with a stadium). Now don't start shouting WB is a part of India and all. I know that. Transport between Bhutan and North bengal is very easy. Otherwise Sikkim and Assam is also near.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29245 Points
    Sikkim and Bhutan will be best.