SAFF News

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    There is no worthwhile airport in Sikkim. So you fly down to Siliguri, and the drive up to Gangtok. Why not Thimpu and Siliguri, if it has to be India + Bhutan?
    goalkeeparmunna219777
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Sikkim's airport will start very very soon. Just google. BTW I suggested SLG + Thimphu only.
    Deb_Ban
  • karanshkaransh 542 Points
    Considering all these challenges I wish India could join ASEAN or SAFF could merge with ASEAN. Playing a tournament comprising of 6 minnows doesn't make any sense.
    indian_gooner
  • samsam 16428 Points
    SESAFF: South East and South Asian FF
  • @karansh, well i have been repeatedly saying about leaving SAFF for good. Also another option is to merge with CAFA where Afghanistan recently joined.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited April 2018
    Why 6 ? Including India, they are 7 countries in SAFF.

CAFA has only 6 countries including newly joined Afghanistan.

In SAFF, other members listen to what India say, like postponing tournament because of Circus commitments. In other associations, nobody will care. Plus it is not financially viable for the associations to include a country which is not an immediate neighbour.
    goalkeepar
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    So, what format is going to be there for SAFF with 7 countries?  Odd number of teams wont work for this tournament.

There has got to be an invitee team from ASEAN i guess, or they might call Afghanistan as an invitee team which would be very ironical.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Knowing SAFF very well, one country might well skip the tournament for some reasons. That will make 6 - even numbered.
    sanvedjadhavDeb_Banindian_gooner
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    @munna219777 You hit the nail on the head. Sri Lanka might be that team.

But I would really like to have 8 teams, which would mean one extra Indian national team match to watch and potentially more fifa points.
    munna219777
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    BREAKING: Pakistan Football Federation has announced Brazilian coach Jose Antonio Nogueira as National Team Head Coach for 3 years, Bahrain will pay most of his salary. 

As per Nogueira's website,  he's worked with St Kitts and Nevis, Guinea-Bissau  and Sierra Leon National Teams in addition to clubs in South America and Middle East.
    Carbon_14Sanjeev Biswasindian_gooner