India vs Nepal International Friendly | 31st August 2015

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    If India were to lose to Iran I think it pretty much certain that we won't do much in the qualifiers. Best we could hope for is 3rd and 4th. I assume Constantine will be sacked cause majority of players seem to want him gone but we still have 5 games left so what do we do?
    karenesudhakar2050
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    @karen Why I feel Jamil is the man for the job is exactly that, defensive play. Year after year with a meagre budget he has kept Mumbai FC in top division. He knows best to utilize whatever he has, I.e. almost nothing. That's what the NT is right now, zilch!
    munna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9960 Points
    Plus the precious time wasting techniques he teaches players ...
  • let's wait and watch how they come up.against Nepal. we can make assumptions by today's performance against Nepal if team is willing to atleast a fighting spirit in the next qualifier
    rathorevarun4
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    SYED PRASHAD FOR INDIA HEAD COACH!
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Who is syed prasad now?
    ashindiasamiam
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Come on India :P Again it has to be Sunil who has to score a goal or else India wont.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Guys, there is no reason why constantine will be sacked so soon, based on the current performance. Rememeber, for national team getting results is most important, for youth you can think about player deevelopment, better style, in expense of results. Let's see what he has done so far.

2 games against Nepal - Win and draw. We needed to win the home game, he gave us that. The target was to qualify, so a away is not that bad. Yes, we want to win against Nepal, but still Stephen made sure we qualify without much hiccups.

vs Oman - Everyone expected us to lose, and we lost. But we were not thrashed, scored a goal, lost 1-2. Technically we were poor, but the boys gave a fight.

vs Guam - This is the only poor result. Guam, we expect to win. Not only we lost but we played poorly as well.

So, with 1 away poor performance you cannot sack the coach, especially considering his predecessor has lost against Nepal, Afghanistan, Myanmmar, drew against Bangladesh.

Even if we lose against Iran, you can't really sack him, no one's expect us to win this. I think AIFF can only take a decision after the end of the qualifiers.

of course there are other things apart from performance, his choice of assistants, scouts, players indicate to a lot of things, but it is not that this is happening first time in India. so, I will keep an eye on the performance while criticizing him for the other policies. And if the team does decently, then what's to complain about? He is the coach, he will make decisions, and if the team does ok (I don't expect doing well), then it was worth it.
    Domnicdhritiman7Deb_Bansamreddevil87
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Give Kantipur TV license to broadcast Indian matches. They would do it gleefully. Nepal gets their U10 matches telecast. And the big mouth India can't even get its senior team match on TV.
    DomnicrudraAshleshsamThe real AGreddevil87deepumunna219777Manjusamiamand 1 other.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited August 2015
    And about the other candidates.

Khalid Jamil - Really? We want someone who plays anti-football? You think coaching a club like Mumbai FC and Indian national team is same? You think his tactics will work in international matches? I-League refs handle the time wasting really poorly. His way of defence and time wasting wont work. And why we want him? Because he can take all sorts of negative approaches, this is what we want? he gets lot of time with Mumbai FC players to drill into them all his tactics and plans, he wont be able to do so with 1-2 week camps for decent players of the national team. Secondly, Jamil enjoys very poor reputation in the Indian football circle,  there's no way he can earn player's loyalty, a very important aspect.

Sanjay Sen - He is a good coach, but it is too early to pitch him for the national team role. His tactics rely heavily on foreign players, and he might not be able to create his domestic performance in International level with Indian players. without top foreigners, MB has struggled even in CFL. Let's see his performance this year.

Pradyum Reddy - Why? It is good to see him as a future assistant coach (the savio madeira role), but why would you want a I-League assistant coach to take control of national team?His stint as head coach of shillong lajong was okiesh, did well initially, but was pretty poor later on. Other than that he coached DSK shivajians, then BFC assiatant coach. I dont think this is enough experience. I think he has a good knowledge of indian players, will be valuable as assistant. If Westwood gets the job, he should be the assistant.

Armando Colaco - Tainted with charges of bias and corruption, which, of course, is common in India. In his tenure he did well, but brought in lot of undeserving players. Experience wise and record wise he is probably a good choice if we want indian coach without spending a lot. However, who can ensure that we wont resort to shady team selection practices.
    Deb_Bangaffertapereddevil87munna219777archak