One Nation One League: I-League-ISL Merger

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    This can be answered by specific examples only. What is possible, what is not possible, what are the options, what jugaad people will try? Discuss all scenarios is the purpose of any Forum.
    One League and they have one year to work on how to include Mohun Bagan and East bengal in next year ISL !!! Some people will say that this is good news, especially if MB and EB want to play in ISL. ISL will be officially top league of India next year.
    what will be the reaction of MB and EB fans? Is that only about 15 crore rupees participation or they dont want to be part of ISL?
    indian_goonersouravindia
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] 4984 Points
    edited October 2017
    see you said last time 2 leagues not possible, AFC constitution does not allow that ..
    - AIFF gave reason of transition and even for temporary basis made 2 leagues working 

AFC spot 
    -  they made 2 parts AFC Cup and ACL spot 
    before that I never heard importance of ACL in most of the forums or groups  and I league team fans are arugung ACL is more important - all agree 
    but end result is they took AFC spot which otherwise seemed impossible

team's were not ready for franchise fees
    - they introduced some new concept participation fees 

everyone thought 2 leagues running parallel will hamper ISL
    - what they did was divide entire week in 2 slots and for namesake gave 2 friday/saturday slot to I league

Dont take me wrong , I am  not I league hater or support some non sense things blatantly 
    just some observations

edited October 2017
    Your points are valid. My observations were based on what scenarios look probable at that time. Of course things evolve and possibilities keep on changing. Lets see what future has in store for us.
    [Deleted User]
  • There's only 1 possibility at the moment in Indian football.. We become slaves to aunty for the next 50 years till she is old enough to leave football and sees herself in the mirror. Also we have actual wild animals in AIFF rather than domestic dogs wavering their tails. It all seems like a kennel at the moment- the AIFF house

munna219777gaffertapekarenesudhakar2050
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I personally don't care what happens with the ISL/I-League situation until we know what will happen below it. Will we have a proper 2nd Division league? We need that in order to develop. We can't just have one league in India.
    munna219777souravindiaBrainFallINDIAgaffertapearchakSOCCER4kl
    They are mentioning about I League 1 and I-League 11. That means 2nd and 3rd division.
    What financial incentives are there for clubs to play in them in the absence of Promotion/Relegation to top tier? That remains to be seen.
    souravindiaDeb_Banarchak
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Why not wait another year for that 5 year thing to get over and then start this 3 tier league system with pro/rel
    munna219777footydip
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    "what will be the reaction of MB and EB fans? Is that only about 15 crore rupees participation or they don't want to be part of ISL?"
    @munna219777: Regarding your question, I have found out that quite a few of the EB-MB fans have come round to the view that the ISL, at some point of time, would be the premier football league of India...they also believe that the arrival of new sponsors that such a scenario entails would be beneficial in the long term and would bring in a degree of professionalism in the two clubs that have been stuck in the rut for so long...so they are not totally hostile to the ISL as such as they were initially
    Most of the fans and officials are against coughing up such an astronomical sum of money--franchisee fee/participation fee whatever...they think it is beneath their dignity to be treated at the same level as what they consider as the 'newbies' in ISL...however, one EB official, possibly Nitu Sarkar, said that they were amenable to paying a reasonable sum of money but not 15 crore...as to what that 'reasonable sum' might be your guess is as good as mine
    munna219777Nagendra
  • Merger should be done ASAP. No more drama. Afc should mandatorily dictate to take i league club into ISL without any fees. Else suspend India so that a lesson is taught. I league club should be like Bol na aunty aavun kya.
    munna219777BrainFallINDIAatuljgDX