One Nation One League: I-League-ISL Merger

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @sam ; That 5 year rule can be changed !!! It is not any AFC statute.

@thebeautifulgame ;  This is what I wanted to know. Fans are not hostile towards playing in ISL. Money can be settled (Special deal as Brand ISL is going to benefit also) and  their status of playing in Kolkata should not be disturbed. 
    PrakashK
  • indian_goner - that's not going to happen. from what I see in the reactions of both FIFA and AFC, it looks like somehow IMGR has their presence felt in them as well. I would not be too perturbed if there has been quite large amount transactions under the table. They are also known for the same. Also AFC spoke only about EB and MB. never heard about the other clubs. What about NE which certainly requires more than 1 club at the helm considering the length and breadth of the region and also the amount of talent being thrown from there. Its all a game being played  and the 2 associations are part to it
    munna219777thebeautifulgameCarbon_14Deb_BanRatulindian_goonerdeepakcsparta
  • Really feeling disgusted at being an avid Indian football fan for so long. All parties just do not care about us fans, its only their pockets they care about
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    They are talking about ILeague 1 and ILeague 2 being played. I think that those divisions will also get B sides of ISL teams only :D
    Carbon_14
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Who cares if they do? Portugal and the Netherlands have B teams in their 2nd Divisions and Germany and Spain does that too... and also France. England IMO suffers because they can't. I also notice a lot of improvement in the US and Japan since they both implemented "B" teams.

Personally I don't mind if we get ISL as Division 1 and League 1 and 2 below with no pro/rel between ISL and League 1 and 2.... initially though. There should be a goal to implement it in the future in a way that won't hurt the teams which get relegated and which also doesn't create super teams (at least initially). I think that might come from within ISL itself than outside, as in IMG-Reliance creates a new 2nd Division ISL league and only certain League 1 and 2 teams can get in but whatever.
    shankarMikimunna219777indianFootballFanatuljgindian_goonerdeepakcsparta
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    I agree... ther problem with current format is not the idea of no pro-rel but the fact that other than 1 or 2 no ISL team is investing long term in the game.... no infrastructure or youth development is carried out by the clubs  and they are waiting for IMG or AIFF to do the job of running the club for them
    munna219777Deb_Bansparta
  • FIFA was supposed to come with the suggestion of future road map for Indian football after completion of U17 World Cup . How far are they? Or it is already been put under the carpet?
    munna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    FIFA and AIFF are still patting each other's back over U17 WC. They will consider this once they are done.
    Ashkaul5munna219777deepusouravindiaindian_goonerspartadeepakc
  • What is the AFC plan and when it will be made public. I am eager to know. Make it happen ASAP. Many manjapadda fans are waiting  for merger for 2 main reasons.
    1.The Kerala derby vs gokulam.
    2. Will get to play 2 famous historical bengal clubs EB, MB.
    indianFootballFanmunna219777SOCCER4klEastBengalPridemohammed_87hassandeepudeepak dedhadev_pfcDXatuljgand 1 other.
  • It's 2018 and we the fans need merger. We don't need s super cup. 
    Carbon_14Deb_Bandeepu