One Nation One League: I-League-ISL Merger

Comments

• atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    So, is Pune City moving to Hyderabad?
    munna219777ashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited July 2019
    Good news for Delhi fans.
    Now they will allow National Team or Indian Arrows and some other domestic tournaments, Womens Football in Delhi. Possibly Super Cup too. Durand Cup will return.
    Delhi will no more be exclusive ISL territory.
    atuljgsouravindiaarunskumar
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Its sad to see how ISL hate is making IFNers to like the fact that we will not have any N Indian team in ISL. For God's sake, you may hate them or love them, but they are also a part of Indian football and I can't fathom how one can rejoice hearing a closure or shifting news like that. At least behave like a football lover. You can make demands for ISL and non ISL all sorts of football in Delhi and N India, but please do not rejoice this news. 
    munna219777atuljgEastBengalPrideCarbon_14souravindiashubham_northeasterngoalkeeparAbhishek
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @sam Something better will come up at Delhi. That Franchise was not the first item nor will it be last for Delhi in Football. Dark empty stadium was a bad advertisement !!!
    Deb_Bangoalkeeparkartik91
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    @sam It's good news for the people of Odisha who generally receive football better than the people of Delhi. You have to first build the sport in known support bases before expanding to places where the sport is not followed. Delhi, Pune are not ready yet but Odisha is!
    munna219777ashindiaDeb_Banshubham_northeasterngoalkeeparspartakartik91Abhishek
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Why not teams from both Orissa and Delhi? NCR not having a team in any of the top 2 leagues is not good. 
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    So two ISL clubs shut down in 5 years. It's imperative AIFF goes the legal route and breaks the MRA with FSDL and shut ISL. ISL is making long term harm to Indian football, a flawed model from the start, it's abject failure will keep away future investors.
    deepumunna219777souravindiaDeb_Bangoalkeepar
  • This question is being asked by many people .(and especially ISL bots). If not STAR then who will sponsor broadcasting so in that case what are we gonna do ? from what I was told, few years back there were no takers for I league broadcast , can anyone confirm this? from what I understand FSDL is threatening AIFF with this itself.

otherwise I agree AIFF should break MRA 
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    There's gonna be consequences if they break the MRA. Its gonna be like this for a few more years whether we like it or not. 
  • The way they broke Zee agreement , they can break this too ..
    but it depends
    1. how much compensation they would have to pay
    2. if new sponsor is ready to pay this amount too