Delhi Dynamos Latest News

Comments

• This team has been playing good. Last time they lost 2-7 to BK Hacken. This year it is a draw. And narrow loss to WBA. Not at all bad. Good shiz. I see a top 4 finish from them.
    red_devilAshishKaul
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points

ISL: Delhi Dynamos Sign Forward Richard Gadze, Defender Ibrahima Niasse

IANS | Sep 10, 2016 at 06:12 pm IST
    A file photo of Richard Gadze Delhi Dynamos FC

A file photo of Richard Gadze. (Delhi Dynamos FC)

New Delhi: Delhi Dynamos announced the return of their star Ghanaian forward Richard Gadze as well as acquiring the services of Senegalese centre-back Baye Ibrahima Niasse for the next edition of of the Hero Indian Super League (ISL) football competition on Saturday.

Both the players have joined the squad in Sweden, where they are currently undergoing their pre-season training and are expected to feature in the club's next friendly match against the Swede club Skene IF on September 11.

Gadze, the 21-year-old livewire from Ghana, who was a revelation last year, was expected to be away for a year after going on loan to Finnish giants HJK Helsinki but he cut short his stint to come back to join the Delhi Dynamos squad.

Gadze's brilliant showing in last year's Hero ISL that included four goals and two assists, helped the Delhi Dynamos FC qualify for the semi-finals. This performance got him a call-up to the Finnish club HJK, offering him the opportunity to ply his trade in top flight European soccer.

The forward who had joined the Finnish club in May, was a regular feature for the club at the league games.

"The team and the fans gave me a lot of love and I hope that I can live up to their expectation in my second stint at the Hero ISL. We had a fairly good season last year making it to the semi-finals," Gadze said.

"As we gear up for the third season, with the new coach in place and lots of good players coming in, I am confident that we are capable of pulling it off till the end this year."

Ibrahima, who hails from the city of Dakar and made his debut in 2006 for the French club Nancy B is well known for his versatility on the field and joins Delhi Dynamos F.C from Romanian Liga I club Concordia Chiajna.

The Senegalese who primarily plays as a centre-back is also a very effective central defensive midfielder and has appeared in 206 games scoring 20 goals for several clubs including Neuchatel Xamax, Apollon Limassol, Inter Baku and Mordovia.

Niasse is the brother of Oumar Niasse, who plays as a striker for the English Premier League side Everton F.C.

"I look forward to my stint with Delhi Dynamos FC this season. I haven't had much time to interact with my team-mates as I have just joined the team, but I did follow their previous games that they played in England and here in Sweden, and the squad looks to be gelling in well.

"I hope to add to the team's performance with my experience and help the team pull off a fitting closure to our campaign this season," said Niasse.

Welcoming the new recruits, head coach Gianluca Zambrotta said: "Both the players are immensely talented and I am happy to have them in my team. I am really looking forward to work with both the players.

"Gadze was phenomenal last year and it was very crucial that he was back with the team, and for Ibrahima, I always liked players who can play in multiple positions as it allows me more option in trying out different strategies," Zambrotta said.

Nagendramunna219777AshishKaulkartik91
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    ;red_devil  .. good job mate.... 

IFN got one more sam in the name of red_devil 
    samred_devil
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7107 Points
    Man Delhi's stadium is the worst in ISL. I dont understand why they wanna play in JLN. Ambedkar Stadium is a gold mine . One of the very few proper football stadium with great connectivity . With some works it can can upgraded to a cool football stadium .
    kartik91shakkeerKM
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Similar reasons for why tickets are usually given to celebrities over regular fans, the Nehru Stadium is a bigger more "modern" stadium while the Ambedkar Stadium is a smaller stadium and also does not "look as good" (quotes are not my opinion but marketing/management speak etc)

They should play at Ambedkar Stadium, the crowd would look a lot bigger, atmosphere would be great, and it is historic for Indian football as well.
    Deb_Ban
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7107 Points
    Yea ,they should. Atmosphere would be awesome .Nehru Cup lost its mojo after moving to JLN IMO.
    ArsenalFan700
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points

Catch the live updates of the friendly against Skene IF and DDFC, today at 9:30pm #LionsInEurope #RoarWithTheLions

shubham_northeasternAshishKaul
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    So Delhi Dynamos will move to Ambedkar Stadium next season after refurbishment!
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    Which is the new stadium coming for only football in Delhi? Is it the one in Noida?
    munna219777