India U16 Spanish Tour: Tracking the FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 Squad

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Just one thing. They were down to 10 men for quite a while. Their striker saw 2 yellows in the match
  • samsam 16425 Points
    So what Somesh. It's their fault. This doesn't take anything from our boy's achievement. Or are they crying foul? 
  • I think he was stating the match facts. 

Coming from behind in junior level in away from home is really good. Only thing we need bigger pool of such youths. 
    ashindianamewtheldrudra
  • samsam 16425 Points
    Oh !! then my bad. 
    dhritiman7
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    yes! atleast 4 such teams would be perfect. because as high as 50% players may not sustain upto senior level. Need to sort 2 league issue asap. I want to see 16 / 17 year youngsters getting game time in league matches. need more recruiters, more pro clubs, proper league. our leagues already pay handsome salaries. if we have more spots to grab then certainly our youth will consider football as also a professional career , not only a passion.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Bigger pool will come only when there is proper domestic structure and tournaments. Investment from clubs in similar way could reap in Benefits.

Imagine 8-10 Indian clubs grooming players and sending them for similar exposure tours. 180 players begin groomed and should easily end up with 20-30 players who could atleast manage Asia Cup level.
    footydipArsenalFan700kartik91Nagendra
  • sri_MUFCsri_MUFC Bombay43 Points
    edited September 2015
    Crazy scenes. I hope these kids do well enough to walk into top leagues after U-17 WC. They are required to be together until then, and they keep producing such results and improve, they must get into top leagues and get regular game time.

Bigger pool, we definitely need that. Ideally, 2 leagues, and 16/17 year olds getting game-time is perfect. But the same 16/17 year old players need good infrastructure, better coaches, training facilities, more competition, way more encouragement, and stepping up levels with time which cannot happen without the all those factors. And take it with a guarantee, that in India it's simply impossible to do that when our current league structure and football calendar is so much in jeopardy. Add afternoon matches in bad turfs to that list. I-league can't generate revenue which is crucial, ISL is not sustaining enough to go year long. The key is development. Who is doing that?
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    @sri_mufc err...no one. But I really wish these boys keep on improving and sustains our hope. #backtheblues
  • RonnyRonny 10444 Points
    Who can confirm that the other set of U-16 boys is going to represent AIFF in the subroto cup u-17 from next week?
  • I only know that 2 of the players from the B team that played in the SAFF U16s has been with this A team. The two players are Saurabh Meher and Mohd. Rakip, both defenders.