2015 ISL Fantasy League: Tips, Strategy and Squad

namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
edited September 2015 in Indian Super League
So the ISL Fantasy League, official version, is here. I have already created a team but am clueless about the squad formation or what strategy to use. The budget of 100 Crores honestly seems too little to form a reasonable squad and I am struggling. Also, not having followed ISL closely, I cannot choose the players who are actually going to have game-time from those who are not. So I hope to gain some tips and insights from other members.
Let this thread be dedicated to all the participants of ISL Fantasy League 2015. May the IFN members grab some of the prizes on offer, if not all!

Official IFN League: Indian Football Network
Password: ifn2015
Created by: @archak
reddevil87footydipkartik91

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Here is my provisional squad: It looks weird without Sunil Chhetri!

GK: Subrata Pal, Karanjit Singh
    DF: Denzil Franco, Govin Singh, Dhanapal Ganesh, Sandesh jhingan, Keegan Pereira
    MF: Brandon, Sehnaz Singh, Borja Fernandez, Elano Blumer, Eugensen Lyngdoh
    FW: Sony Norde, Joaquim Abranches (!), Manandeep Singh (!!)
  • Suraj20Suraj20 129 Points
    Many players are overpriced.. Its tough to chose 15 players that will start the games..
    edited September 2015
    Exactly. They should have kept the budget at 110 Crore at least. I wanted to have Postiga ad Chhetri in the team but could not afford any
    atuljg
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    Created a league

Indian Football Network
    ifn2015
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    edited September 2015
    My team as of now:
    GK: Juan Calatayud, Arindam Bhattacharja
    DF: Riise, Mohanraj, Reegan Singh, Lalchummawia Fanai, Nicholas Shorey
    MF: Brandon, Romeo, Shankar, James Bailey, Kuttymani
    FW: Adil Nabi, Postiga, Balwant Singh

Coach: David Platt

I dont have many goal scoring midfielders suggestion please? 
  • samsam 16425 Points
    So are we, IFN guys gonna play together?? Then there is a very little chance of anyone else winning it. 
    Brandon, Elano are likely to score goals. I chose scoring MFs rather than star FWs because there is higher point for MFs if they score. Let us share the best practices, collectively IFN can rock the game!
  • True points are more if defender scores followed by midfielder than forward. Thats why I wanted Riise and Mendy both in team, which was not possible. So only selected Riise.

Yes having MFs is good because of not only goals but also contribute in assist. But if you compare mostly, FW are going to score. So wanted good forwards anyways thinking of changing balwant with somebody else. Maybe I can then buy some good AM.

I was looking at your lineup. Are you sure Norde will play? If yes, you have a good lineup. 
    He has been scoring for MCFC in the practice matches. Recently he got a hattrick against Air India. So I am hoping he gets game. He is also more seasoned in Indian conditions..so
    reddevil87
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    joined the league. Ranaghat Royals FC

Stephen Bywater

DEFENDERS
    Sandesh Jhingan
    Roger Johnson
    Kinshuk Debnath
    Arnab Mondal

MIDFIELDERS

Manuele Blasi
    Ofentse Nato