OMAN VS INDIA World Cup Qualifier | 13th October 2015

Comments

• The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    edited October 2015
    We always come back to this reason for the NTs poor results, and it is true that will be the case if this unprepared 2 league nonsense continues. But in the short term, a good coach can pick the right players to play a system he wants and implement this system to get results. India needs to walk before it can run. Make this team difficult to beat instead of playing this 4 attacking players who cannot attack. What is the point of taking Jairu, Francis, Jackichand etc when we know they won't do feck all.

Our strength is in central midfield; they may not be the greatest players in Asia but what they will provide is energy and pressing throughout the game - Euegene, Thoi, Khabra, Boithang, Dhanpal, Sehnaj, Borges, Halder, Bikramjit. Put players with pace on the wing (Mandar, Vineeth) and bring on flair players later (Romeo, Brandon) or play with wing backs (Ashutosh, Chuantea) which will allow us to play two up top. Play to our strength (central midfielders), play 3 of them in the middle of the park and make us hard to be beaten, and then build from there. 

There are enough players out there that can be sued to build a squad that will be able to get half decent results, but SC is not doing it.
    atuljgdeepakcrudrareddevil87kartik91munna219777spartaArsenalFan700
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Yup fill the team with 5 midfielders and Chettri.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Why did SC brought back Francis and Sehnaj, if pronay halder and the Robin Singh - chettri wing strategy worked against Iran?
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Apart form the obvious thought of playing players out of position by SC (a major flaw from SC), I feel we seriously lack proper bench strength. I meant 2-3 top players (by Indian standards) for each position. So that depending upon situation the coach can pick his players. Unfortunately, I have not seen good bench strength after Bob left.
    rudra
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Ask Roberto Carlos to coach NT then we can defend like real madrid/brz and score from free kicks.
    rudrakartik91
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Any such strategy requires either highlly skilled players which we don't have or team training together for long time which we wont allow. Any coach will then choose his most fit XI and hope for the best.....although I suggest for national team we need to start choosing players like Tudu..etc who are not bound by #IMG contracts and who could be in a camp for months.they should form the core before match days we add sunil/arnab to add some quality
  • No we don't need to look at 17 year olds like Amit Tudu who has not even played  in an U19 league yet, to start playing for the national team. That is nonsense. 
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I think he is referring to the army XI player, who impressed in Kolkata league. Although that is not good enough qualification to play for NT in WCQ
    deepakc
  • Soham_DeSoham_De Kolkata1673 Points
    We need two solid DMF 1. Pronoy 2. Mehtab hussain . playmaker : Brandon!!
  • Soham_DeSoham_De Kolkata1673 Points
    And we must exclude Lorde Robin!!! He misses sitter cant control ball, cant hold the ball , cant give accurate passes!!! he is useless!!! we need two new strikers since JEJE missed two headers infront of goal against TKM, if u dnt believe check fullmatch vid!!! we need to change JEJE nd Robin we must have 2 new strikers!!! probable: Brandon nd MAMA