OMAN VS INDIA World Cup Qualifier | 13th October 2015

Comments

• Yesterday i watched blasters vs mcfc match...mumbai feilded 4 forigners in defense and core of their defence was filled with indians...those indians controled the match dominated in midfeild.....many of them played wonderfull football expecially ashutosh shirodkar.....it means indians can play good football if they play under good coach and select good mifeilders and players to national team....india beter sack constantine then appoint a coach with isl experiance....and ashutosh shirodkar is much much motre better than lyngdoh.....i dont understand how did he got aiff player of the year award....
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    edited October 2015
    Stop spamming every thread with your "Lyngdoh is crap...I don't understand how he got on the national team and how he was the best Indian player last season" crap. 

If you can't see the obvious qualities Lyngdoh has, I will not be putting too much credence into what you have to share. Ashutosh is a wingback, Pratesh is nowhere near Lyngdoh in quality, and will never be. Where do you get this nonsense from? Euegene hasn't played in the ISL yet and you want to compare him to a wing back and Pratesh? 

You are right about one thing though, "you don't undersatnd" as said by yourself.
    atuljg
  • Lygdoh is biggest shit midfeilder in indian football history,how many match he won for india? He cant create chances and cant make single pass...dont even know how to pass the balll...very slow shitty player....he is only waste.....indian national team need players like ashutosh and rowlin borges these guys can play quality ground passing game and create lots of chances for strickers....watch ashustosh's game against blasers and see how did he controlled mumbai city midfeilde without any big forign players....
    silicon3The real AGrudraEastBengalPrideatuljggoalkeeparMaddiegaffertapedhungel35Domnic
  • Dont forget that Lygdoh is i leage star but pratesh shirodhkar doing it in isl agaist quality isl teams....this year isl standerd has improved and controlling midfeil without support of forigners is not a small thing.....ashutosh is real natural midfeilder and engine room of mumbai city fc
    The real AGrudradebarghya89atuljggoalkeepargaffertape
  • Lyngdoh scored 9 goals and had 16 assists in 33 appearances in all competitions in the I-League, Fed Cup, Durand Cup and AFC Cup last season. I, like many others have watched and know the qualities he possess and I don't need to explain those as I feel you will not comprehend them. For his performances in the last season, he won 4 awards. This is how I will make my point on why I think Lyngdoh is the best Indian central midfielder around. If you cannot articulate what you want to say and back it up with points, you have no argument and you are embarrassing yourself.

It says a lot about your football "knowledge" that you think Ashutosh controlled the midfield against KB when he DOESN'T play in midfield. He came on in the second half and played as a the right back. I am not dissing Ashutosh who I think is an excellent wing back but he is not a central midfield player and you are saying some strange things.
    rudraatuljg
  • Not ashutosh.....i mean midfeilder pratesh shirodkar....he is tiny midfeilder but he proved physic is not imporant in football...india need guys like pratesh....its wonderfull to watch indian player controlling midfeild....he might be vey talented thats why he playing quality football in midfeild without support of of forign playes.....others isl teams have very quality international standerd midfeilders but in mumbai city fc there are only indian midfeilders controlling the match......only quality players can do this
    goalkeeparRonny
    edited October 2015
    Laughable. You have no argument. You want to base your point on that Pratesh having played two games in the centre of midfield? You do realize that he played central midfield for Sporting Goa last season in the I-League and while he did well, he is nowhere near the level of Lyngdoh, who has yet to play in the ISL. Toddlers can come up with better points than you.

You said Pratesh proved that size doesn't matter then why do you criticize Lyngdoh on his lack of pace? Tell me Lord Leedson, does Silva, Fabregas, Iniesta, Xavi, Kroos, Alonso etc have pace?

If you want to back up your claims of absurdness with stupidity and nonsense, that is your choice, but it will attract opprobrium and embarrassment.

I am done wasting my breath with you for you clearly know litle and are a very confused individual.  
    rudragaffertapesilicon3
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Any one who still have robin singh in thier formation even after not scoring a goal in three years shows how well we rate our players.

the only way u play with a team with limited abilities is either go 5-4-1 with two DM's or 4-4-2 with pace to counter on either wings

i have not seen SC do this in his matches so far and hence the results

eugenson is not good enough on either of these two systems believe me. all i have seen him ever do is concede possession with no pace to recover the ball. which makes him well....
    gaffertape
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    the last time we attempted to counter with pace was with vineeth when we almost equalized. the lord was offside in a goal that was anyway going in.
    deepakc
    edited October 2015
    @Ashlesh - you want us to play without a GK? :P

IMO we shouldn't stick to a rigid system but should stick to a rigid philosophy. We need to become difficult to win against, and for that we have to accept that we are not that great a team, but have the tools to build a strong team around. Central midfield is our strength with players who can run and close down space and frustrate the opposition. Once you frustrate them and keep the score nil-nil, they will resort to desperate tactics and will loose their game plan. For this to happen, our game plan has to be to NOT concede in the first half and the 15 minutes of the second half. If it means we have to play ultra negative style, sure employ it.

4-3-3: Gurpreet, Rino, Narayan, Arnab, Sandesh, Halder, Sehnaj, Eugene, Vineeth, Mandar, Sunil.

3-4-3: Gurpreet, Arnab, Sandesh, Dhana, Ashutosh, Chuantea, Halder, Sehnaj, Euegene, Robin, Sunil.

Keep it tight for the time being and use pace on wing (Mandar and Vineeth) and bring on flair players later (Brandon and Romeo). Robin is much derided but he brings another option to the squad IF used correctly. He can be used to batter the opposition from the beginning and replaced with pace in the second half (Mandar, Vineeth, Romeo) to exploit the spaces left. But for this we need to stay in the game and keep it tight as long as possible.

I like Pratesh, but there is nothing to warrant him starting ahead of others like Sehnaj, Thoi, Khabra, Boithang, Dhanpal, Borges etc. Besides, Halder plays the role of the controller as does Pratesh, and it is pointless having two of them in the same team. I rather put a midfield destroyer to kick the opposition the whole game like Thoi, Sehnaj or Dhanpal and pair one of them with Halder with Euegene slightly ahead of them to quickly shift the play with his passing to the wing, where we can use pace to work the opposition. 

There certainly are good players you can use to build a solid team around and I would consider the following players - Gurpreet, Subrata, Arindam, Amrinder, Rino, Ashutosh, Kotal, Chuantea, Narayan, Sandesh, Dhana, Arnab, Nim Dorjee, Euegene, Thoi, Khabra, Borges, Sehnaj, Dhanpal, Mandar, Romeo, Brandon, Vineeth, Robin, Sunil, Semboi and Balwant.
    DXdeepakcDeb_Bankartik91reddevil87silicon3munna219777Nagendra