National Team Nickname

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    That is utter bullshit and what the fuck is "Bhangra Boys" it doesn't represent India at all,If he doesn't feel connected then its alright that's his stupid EGO which he doesn't seem to get over all these years. X(

Yes I do agree that he is good journalist and one of the first guys to cover-up Indian Football but him not agreeing with "Blue Tigers" is shame to all his work till date. L-)
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited March 2012
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    Sportskeeda is tightly linked with Arunava and Daniel, haven't you seen how the Indian National Football Team page by Sportskeeda guys promote their articles, or facebook pages made by them

yep but I still like Daniel a lot more. Also sportskeeda dont have a facebook, they have a fake facebook page which confuses people to believe that they are the real AIFF.

Of course the real AIFF is to stupid to actually update there facebook. There last post was from 14 March and the one before that was in October.

i just wish aiff people give the updating work of their facebook page to wifa people they are so good in updating every results, incidednts and news about the game in maharashtra and some top news of india ....and mainly they put on some debatable topics before their fans which makes it more interactive and interesting...
    wish aiff soon learn from them how to get some fan support
  • Pedro GonzalesPedro Gonzales 223 Points
    edited March 2012
    I've left a comment to his article. If there is one contribution I have made to Indian football, it is in helping raise awareness to the lameness of that nickname. So, I have a horse in this race. Er... tiger, I mean.

Roar Blue Tigers!
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    So IFN was involved in giving nickname blue tigers @-)

IFN history is great
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    so you know now INF makes and brakes Indian football
    Bhangra boys

Imagine if it was our nick name =))

@rudra hiw were u sucessful???
    Please tell me that story
    Im feeling sad I joined IFN to late
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    No contribution from my side. In fact we used to be called bhangra boys as arunava Choudhary used the name in indias England tour. Fans like me and others like archak, ashwin, Somesh, ronny and many others wanted to have alternative names. We used to discuss, vote, fight for that right from the orkut Indian football groups to here in IFN. I think the wiki guys got the blue tiger name in Wikipedia and fifa article used blue Tigers for the first time. Then slowly the ppl who used to visit IFN used that too in their articles like the hardtackle guys. IFN articles too used that. Then ppl took that discussion in facebook as well.

Never underestimate online power, ppl think kya Internet mein bak bak karte hain, but online discussion also had some role to play. Many of the orkut football discussing kids became football writers for sites like goal. Com so obviously all these discussions influenced them. Then ppl like Somesh created websites. Ppl like shailesh joined aiff. Many became journalist. So, it did influence ppl. I am sure many ppl who visited IFN will contribute to football in future. 5 years ago I never thought that I will write or get others to write for Indian football.
    mohammed_87hassanindian_goonerDeb_Banfootydip
    @rudra can u tell me about IFN its formation and history.its intresting I want to know more
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Social network groups, for long wanted a forum based website, but everyone will keep discussing and nothing would ever be done. Somesh is a guy who takes initiative, and he went ahead and created the website. I helped him. We know each other for work reasons and had discussed this in Bangalore and later in Mumbai, although funnily we both are from Kolkata. Later I joined IFN fully. We will continue to grow in future. And hop have a few benami stakes ;)
    7negireddevil87mohammed_87hassannamewtheldgoalkeepararchakashindiaindian_goonerDeb_Banfootydipand 1 other.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points