Federation Cup 2015-16

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    48 hrs back the elites didnt had a cup tournament.... no the thing looks better.. lets not ask for more when whatever we got was a lucky one... Lot of this goes down to the fact that 3 clubs closure left AIFF with 6 week period free which is filled by Federation cup.

deepakcArsenalFan700
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    There was nothing wrong in old format of Federation cup. it should be conducted in those states where I-League or ISL is not played. It can be a good measure to spread Indian Football as well as earning potential for some Associations who do not feature in Indian Football circuit. One location and knock-out -finish the tournament in 8-9 days.
    Now who will pay for home and away format? One stop was good.
    We should also remember that we do not have lot of time. in June, there will be playoffs for AFC Asian Cup Qualification. MB and BFC (if they manage to qualify) will delay the I-league due to their AFC Cup comitments. India NT players have to ask for break for WCQ also in March I think.

deepakcgaffertape
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    It should be easy to manage 16-18 rounds though for 4-5 months while also adding in the Fed Cup. Even with the AFC Cup commitments and India NT matches.
    munna219777gaffertapereddevil87
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    edited March 2016
    Fed Cup will be held in Jammu. is the fixtures out ?
    Rumored draw circulating in FB (Any truth in it ?) -
    Group A - SLFC, EB , MFC and SAL
    Group B - SCG , MB , BFC and AFC 
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    I guess it's fake as the i-league is not over yet
    top 8 teams will qualify for fed cup
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited March 2016
    As per AIFF earlier announcement the draw would be like this:
    I-League 1 v 8 (Tie A)
    2 v 7 (Tie B)
    3 v 6 (Tie C)
    4 v 5 (Tie D)
    Semi Finals:
    Winner Tie A v Winner Tie D
    Winner Tie B v Winner Tie C
    Now let's see if AIFF come out with something crazy.

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @BrainFallINDIA ; I guess we need not wait for top 8 positions. Corporate Team DSK will not play in Federation Cup-same like Bharat FC. DSK were invited to makeup for the minimum number of the games so that I-League is alive. Their job is done. They will most probably disband or go into hibernation after I-League. All other 8 regular teams will play in Federation Cup. 
    deepakcDeb_Ban
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    edited March 2016
    Why should they not ? IMO they should play in fed cup if they finish in top 8
    After I-league even if they shut down first team they will continue with their YDP and academies i believe 
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Top 8 will play Fed Cup

DSK will merge with FCPC in 2017
    deepakcmunna219777sanvedjadhavkartik91BrainFallINDIAatuljg
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Any idea about the Federation Cup format ?
    Home & away knock out for Round of 8 & SF or that rubbish pattern of 2 groups with each team playing every alternate day ?
    Seriously believe that AIFF don't bother about anything related to Club Football or for that matter NT.

munna219777