Federation Cup 2015-16

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    I think it's H&A FA Cup style knock out format. Can @7negi or @gaffertape or someone else confirm that?
    munna219777
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    edited March 2016
    Yes it will be home and away knockout tournament , srinagar will host final match 
    EastBengalPrideMaddiemunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited March 2016
    We do not have that much time for Home and Away I think. That rubbish pattern which you mentioned makes more sense. We need our NT also for June I think for next stage of AFC Asia Cup 2019 qualifiers.

June 2 and 7th will be the dates.
    deepakc
    You are assuming we will beat Turkmenistan :D It will be the H&A format hopefully. This set of players under this coach will not make most of any opportunity, so why waste a Fed Cup.
    munna219777Deb_Bandeepakc7negi
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited March 2016
    AiFF should fix the dates as under:
    Round of 8    April 30 & May 1 (2 matches per day starting at 16-30 & 19-00)
    Round of 8 (Return Leg)  May 7 & 8 (2 matches per day, starting at 16-00 & 18-30 to accommodate Tie-Breaker)
    Semi Finals   May 15 (Matches starting at 16-30 & 19-00)
    Semi Finals Return Leg   May 21 (Matches starting at 16-00 & 18-30 to accommodate Tie-Breaker)
    Final  May 28
    deepakc
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    It will be decided in true tradition...ie 2 hours before kickoff.... Did anyone read about KFA being asked (guess who ordered?) to release limited tickets & KFA officially quoted as saying they don't want too many fans for match
    munna219777
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    @samiam ;

Federation Cup to kick-off on April 30

The top eight teams as per the standings of the ongoing I-League (after completion of the final round) will be playing in the knock-out format on a home and away basis including the semi-finals with the final match being slated to be played at a neutral venue.

As per the regulations of the tournament, the lower ranked teams are to play their home matches first, the AIFF statement added.

Round 1 is scheduled to be played on April 30 and May 1; while Round 2 will be played on May 3 and 4.

The first round of the semi-finals is to be played on May 7 and May 8 with the return legs slated for May 14 and 15.

The final will be played on May 21.

munna219777
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    edited April 2016
    It will add more burden to BFC and MB due to AFC fixtures.

23rd -BFC Vs MB - Siliguri
    27th - BFC Vs LAO - Bengaluru
    30th - 8th placed team Vs BFC - Away
    May 3 - BFC Vs 8th - Bengaluru
    May 7 - Away match - Seminal 1st leg
    May 11 - JDT Vs BFC - JB
    May 14 - Seminal 2nd leg - Bengaluru

Are these players are human or machines 

21 days - 7 match. No recovery, total burn out and expecting high quality football, very poor. remember most of the guys played grueling ISL / I-League / WCQ / AFC Cup /SAFF Cup  and lot of travel included. 
    munna219777Deb_Bansouravindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited April 2016
    Then other clubs who are not featuring in AFC Cup will have a better chance at Federation Cup. BFC should start having a bigger squad which can be rotated regularly for multiple engagements. If players are tired, how will they win every match of knockout tournament to reach Finals of Federation Cup?
    edited April 2016
    BFC having won the I-League already doesnt need to play their first XI in Fed Cup before the semis (if they reach), that way they can concentrate on AFC Cup a bit better and also rotate the squad efficiently. 
    deepakcDeb_Ban