Indian Super League Post-Season 2 Thread

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Potential foreign player for next season: Cani and potential coach: Ricardo Moniz

Also, @munna219777 What was wrong with what the NEUFC guy said?
    arunatuljgaditya
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    The usual Blah Blah talk, But isnt that expected from any league and any club's spokesperson? Am curious on those Batches of 24. What are they going to do with them? They are obviously not part of any ISL clubs youth roster nor in the picture of any AIFF Youth plans. 

I can only see them as legit if they are part of any U-15, U-18 kind of league under either the reliance brand or part of an ISL club brand. 

Btw if FC Goa pull out wouldnt that make them even more ridiculous & Immature?

Common sense.
    deepakcmunna219777
    Well, wait and bloody see. They are what 12-13?
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I see that they had played officially for the first time in the Subrato cup. How did it go?
    munna219777
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    are we talking about the reliance youth foundation guys?

@arsenalfan700 no they aren't 12-13. 7-8 boys u15, 12 u16 rest u18. forgot the exact number that was shown in the ISL Grassroots youth festival video in Star Sports
    @dx they were knocked out in the first round itself
    Deb_BanarundeepakcDXnikhilmunna219777reddevil87kartik91karenesudhakar2050
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Oh that explains the lack of updates of this team beyond the 1st round :)
    deepakcmunna219777
    Seriously, U18? The whole grassroots campaign had it marked completely in the U14 category!
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Are they going to select batches of Reliance Young champs every year? Last year, their performance in Subroto Cup was not good-they were not even selected in main draw I think-but it can be excused as they were selected in the middle of the year. So they hardly got any time to prepare. Will reliance let them compete in any tournament?
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited December 2015
    @ArsenalFan700 ;; I disliked that NEUFC guy's comment because well he is an employee of the setup-he will speak "His Master's Voice". He is calling naysayers deluded, I can say the same for yaysayers. But that is not the point.

1) If you look at point (c), instead of merger, he is indicating that one league means that i-League and all other clubs not in the control of ISL should close down-only one extended ISL will be there. Without FIFA/AFC recognition that is not possible.
    2)Merger talks is all hogwash. We have never heard anything from IMG-R about merger. By One league, they mean their ISL extended into 6 months. That will not be proper Business model because such high salaries for Foreign players for 6 months plus January Transfer window will also come into place.
    3) Noone is opposing ISL because it is a business or money. Make money but with rules and regulations,not outside it. There is a difference between investing money in banks which follow Fed/Reserve Bank Guidelines or some chitfund/Pyramid schemes without any guidelines/sanctions because the latter may run away with your money.
    If you attend any meeting of Amway type pyramid schemes, they also say that yes its a business, naysayers are jealous, deluded. Sports can be profitable venture yes. Clubs in europe are not running their own private league without UEFA/FIFA rules.
    4) Purpose of the forum is to look at comments from both sides of the aisle. Criticism doesnt mean naysayers are deluded!!!!

deepakcDeb_Banreddevil87silicon3