India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    I'd like to believe so. Certainly,our performances in almost every Sport has improved drastically.
    deepu
  • samsam 16428 Points
    How Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) has fuelled India’s medal-winning aspirations

https://thebridge.in/how-target-olympic-podium-scheme-tops-fuelled-indias-medal-winning-aspirations/
    Badkartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    World Athletics Championship are starting from Today. Medal is highly unlikely but few of our Athletes may give their Personal Best (s)as they will be competing against the World's Best thereby maybe Qualifying for the Olympics 2020.
    munna219777Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Indian 4*400m Mixed Team qualifies for the final at the Athletics World Championships which also means that they have qualified for the Olympics as well.

4 competitors will be counted I think,so this takes our tally to a total of 21 athletes.

Vismaya and Jisna Matthew were bad otherwise we could have topped our Semi-Finals.
    Had we had Hima and Anjali, specially Hima in her prime form,a medal would not have been out of question but it looks tough currently.

However,the good thing is that they have qualified for the finals and for the Olympics which isn't a small achievement.
    spartaNagendramunna219777Carbon_14
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    edited September 2019
    @ bad..

I agree Muhammed Anas & Noah Nirmal are very good in timings.. but we can't take anything away from Vismaya & Jisna Matthew... They are also good.. Congratulations to entire relay team.. expecting them to be in top 8 in Tokyo Olympics as well..

the main reason for not finishing 1st or 2nd in our heat is because of baton exchange and not the timings of Vismaya and Jisna Matthew... 

Baton exchange b/w Jisna Matthew & Noah Nirmal costed us atleast 1 sec... 

reg medal chance... even if we had Hima & Anjali in prime form, we cannot win medal in mixed relay.. too much competition... 
    munna219777
  • Yes the Baton exchange was poor. Between male and female runner, they need to make height adjustment for proper Baton exchange. Lack of practice I would say.
    Nagendra
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2019
    Nagendra,
                    both Hima and Anjali's prime form will take improve our timings by at least 3 sec as Hima best(50.79) and Anjali(51.53sec) whereas Vismaya's best is in Mid to high 52 sec more and Jisna's is even more.

This 3-5 sec margin(including baton delays) would have certainly put us among the medals certainly at these World Championships..

Also,will 4 Athletes be counted or 6 will be counted for Relays????Can someone please confirm.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Women's Boxing World Championship is starting from today.

It will be interesting to see how Indian Women Perform, specially in the Olympic Categories i.e (51,57,60,69,75 kg) .

Even though there is no Quota place but their performance will certainly show that where exactly do they stand at the World Level and whether or not they can be considered as an Olympic Medal Contender.
    munna219777Carbon_14deepukartik91ashindia
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited October 2019
    Avinash Sable creates a new National Record by 3-4 sec by clocking around 8min21sec thereby Qualifying for the Olympics.He becomes 22nd competitor from India to qualify for the Olympics.

I am not sure of his exact time but it certainly less then 8m22sec(which is Olympics standard) so one thing is confirmed that he has qualified.

Also,he has improved his timing by 6-7 sec in just two races(previous one and now the final)  which is phenomenal to say the least.
    munna219777Carbon_14spartadeepuashindia