India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    Interesting News!!!

Srihari Nataraj(Indian Swimmer) clocked 53.63 sec in 100m backstroke event in the ongoing SAFF GAMES.

Now,significance of this time is that not only will this time make him qualify for the Olympics automatically(53.85 sec) but with this time he will qualify for the Semi-Finals(Top 16) at the Olympics based on 2016 Olympics.

Also,he will win a Silver at Commonwealth Games and Bronze at Asian Games, which is amazing for us, especially in a Sport like Swimming.

I think,the reason why he didn't qualify for the Olympics because SAFF is not an official qualifying Tournament but watch out for him in the upcoming events.This guy can put us on the 
    World Map(when it comes to Swimming) by going deep in the Olympics and winning Medals at the Asian and Commonwealth Games.

munna219777Carbon_14namewtheldthebeautifulgameNagendraharitrams24deepukartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited January 2020
    Neeraj Chopra qualifies for Olympics 2020 in Men's Javelin Throw event. Our Tally now reached to 63.
    Carbon_14kartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    https://thebridge.in/study-says-india-will-win-12-medals-in-2020-tokyo-olympics/

India expected to win 12 Medals at 2020 Olympics according to this study and i personally tend to agree with it.
    namewtheld
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Well we won't win anything in archery for sure with the bunch of chokers who somehow are always selected despite repeated failures.
    munna219777Bad[Deleted User]
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited January 2020
    I agree with you(on merit) but one should never say never because if Sakshi Malik can win, then I can win, then you can win, then anybody can win.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Bhawna Jat has qualified for Tokyo Olympics in 20km walk women's event. She has created a new national record and improved her personal best by atleast 8 seconds enroute to this qualification.

Our total qualification tally now reached to 64 athletes for Tokyo so far.
    Nagendraspartathebeautifulgamemunna219777Carbon_14kartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    As far as Athletics is concerned -  Neeraj chopra, Avinash Sable, Irfan Thodi, Bhawna Jat and Mixed 4 x 400 Relay teams have qualified.

Hope to see more names .
    Carbon_14Bad
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Bhawna Jat hails from a town called Rajsamand in Rajasthan. Presently she is working in Railways on TTE post at Calcutta.
    Bhawna has not participated in any major international tournament yet. Her performance in bettering National record amd qualifying for Olympics is a big big leap by her.
    Hope to see even better performances by her in future.
    BadCarbon_14spartakartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Her time is really impressive.With this time,she would have come 8th at the Olympics.
    munna219777spartakartik91EastBengalPride
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Asian Boxing Qualification Tournament for Olympics 2020 is starting from today. It's first of the two Qualification Tournament. Let's see how many of our Boxers make the cut.

There are 13 categories is Total (8Men,5 Women).I am hoping that atleast 8 in Total can make the cut.
    Nagendramunna219777