India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Lovlina seems a medal prospect at Olympics too with her rankings. @Bad insight on her will be nice.
    Bad
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    She has Height and age (young) advantage. Good medal prospect in Asian Commonwealth and Olympics
    Bad
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Definitely yes. Lovlina will be our best bet for a Medal at the Olympics in Women's category. Even more than Mary Kom in my opinion.

I will do a detailed analysis once tomorrow's results are out and the list of Boxers who have qualified will be confirmed.

So far, my estimation is 100%.

We have not qualified in Men's 91 kg,57 kg and 81 kg as I had predicted.

However, in 81 kg since there are 5 spots available.So,our boxer has a very good possibility of finishing 5th which means that he can still qualify.
    munna219777sparta
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    I know I said atleast 8 out of 13 of our Boxer's atleast can qualify but at that time the draw was not declared.

Without exaggerating,if I go with both the draw and the quality of our Boxers then I will say that 10-11 can qualify.

Mary and Sakshi should be winning their matches.

Simranjit,Amit and Manish have slightly tricky matches where both Manish and Amit are the favourite but still their opponent is not that easy. But, in their categories there will be a box-off so definitely they will be qualify.

However,Simranjit is also the favourite against her opponent despite her opponent being higher ranked but only concern with Simranjeet will be that she will have to win her match as there is no box-off in her category.

I am banking on all of them to win their matches and qualify directly rather than having to rely on box-off to qualify.
    munna219777
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    Chance for 5 more #Boxing Quotas today

W 57 kg:Sakshi v Aeji- 2:45 pm
    M 52 kg:Amit (1) v Carlo- 3:30 pm
    M 63 kg:Chinzoring (3) v Manish- 5 pm
    W 51 kg:Irish v Mary Kom (2)- 9:15 pm
    W 60 kg:Simranjit v Namuun (2)- 10:15 pm

All matches will be live on olympic channel

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/live/
    thebeautifulgameBad
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Pathetic boxing from Sakshi. She lost and was outclassed in terms of strategy.
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Amit through to Tokyo as well.
    thebeautifulgamedeepumunna219777
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    Manish lost his quarterfinal bout to 3rd seed mongolian boxer by 2-3 but he still has chance to qualify 
    Bad
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Manish should have won,he was the better boxer but somehow he just let it go. However,he still has the chance to qualify as you mentioned.
    deepu
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    MARY KOM PROGRESSES AS WELL.
    munna219777