India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• DarkoDarko Mumbai177 Points
    Benchmark and NOT heritage. This will ruffle many feathers in the gravy train initially because of political & cultural reasons, but we got to be brutal like China and take the experiment to its logical end.
    sparta said:
    Most of the volleyball players learn the stuff in school college and the go for alternative career as Volleyball in India isn't a career option till now. Same goes for other sports too. Most of these athletes are from SAI centres. Until and unless people come from other places it won't make that much change.

Do we have an academy for every multi sports stadium that we have? 

Sparta, it's not what we have and what we don't, it's about the change in mindset; it's about seeing the problem from the correct perspective, and once you do that, you are automatically propelled in the right direction. I just highlighted that particular incident of U19 volleyball to corroborate my point.
    Do you think Belgium has a heritage in Hockey? No, they don't. They were nowhere in the scene a few decades back. They just looked at the problem with the right vision, selected profiles with an elite benchmark that matched the vision, and trained them hard.
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Poor performance from Tajinder. Dint even cross 20 mark.
    Darkospartamunna219777Bad
    Except Kamalpreet, just don't understand the gross discrepancy between these athletes PB / SB & ignominious performance on the big stage... just like shooters, mentally weak? Women Javelin, Men Long Jump, Men Shot Put.

Experts, looking at the draw above, what do you think are the chances?
    Bad
  • souravindiasouravindia 3662 Points
    Unless they actually reach semis, I wont believe in amy chances anymore. Frustrated.
    Darkoashindia
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    edited August 2021
    The hockey scoreline is flattering as we were even till the last 8 mins. Infact our domination in the first half was kind of surprising to me. Belgium converted their PC and we couldnt. Then we took off Sreejesh in last 2 mins to get an extra man and they scored through a high ball with no keeper to beat in last second
    ashindia
    We always lose gas by the last quarter and a half. Against Aus, GBR, Belgium.  Not a question of skill, but fitness.