ISL Week 3 Discussion Thread

It is currently 3 am and I am dazed out of my mind and also a little hungry... but I am also getting ready for the third week of India's weird 3 month league known as the ISL! Two weeks in and I can say that I have been very entertained. NorthEast United have so far been the surprise of the tournament, notching three wins after their first five matches which sees them lead the table with 10 points. However, Mumbai City are not far behind and they have a game in hand, while Atletico de Kolkata and Delhi Dynamos are also in the discussion early on, especially since both teams remain the two undefeated sides in the ISL so far. Chennaiyin seem to finally be hitting the right keys while FC Pune City and FC Goa will look to still tweak some things. Kerala Blasters is a mixed bag so far still, coming off a three game home stand with only a win.

Monday for me will be the beginning of the week as FC Pune City host the Kerala Blasters. Both sides in the early days are outside the top 4 places but the winner here can get in. Pune City will be looking to make amends for their last match which ended in defeat against NorthEast United. This match will be the last match of Antonio Habas's suspension so for now the Stallions will be under Miguel one last time. Kerala Blasters meanwhile seemed to finally get into a groove their last match, grabbing their first victory in eight matches last time against Mumbai City.

Tuesday will see Delhi Dynamos host Mumbai City. Delhi are looking good early on in the league with guys like Kean Lewis, Marcelinho, Badji, and Malouda looking good, however, despite that, as a team the side were not able to grab a win last week, drawing both their previous two matches after their opening day win against Chennaiyin. Zambrotta's men will be looking to change that with their second match at home this season. Mumbai City meanwhile, after a good start, had started a small slide, with a draw and then a loss previously. Can they mend their season before it gets worse?

Wednesday will be a break as Indian football fans will turn their attention to the massively anticipated AFC Cup semi-final match-up between Bengaluru FC and Johor Tanzim of Malaysia.

The ISL will resume on Thursday though with NorthEast United hosting Chennaiyin. Both sides will come into this matches relatively rested, by ISL standards. NorthEast United will be almost hitting the halfway mark with this being their sixth match while Chennaiyin will be playing their fourth. Marco Materazzi's men will be favorites most likely due to that advantage and also the fact that they looked good in their last match. The reigning ISL champions though will not have it easy against the current table leaders who possess the ISL top-scorer so far in Emiliano Alfaro.

We enter the weekend then on Friday with Mumbai City hosting FC Goa. Zico's men will be searching for their first victory of the season while Mumbai City will return home after what they hope is a good result against Delhi Dynamos. Saturday will then see Atletico de Kolkata, after almost a week of break, hosting Delhi Dynamos.

I also think I should mention the Sunday game but that is week 4 ya'll!

Matches:
- 17 October: Pune City vs. Kerala Blasters.
- 18 October: Delhi Dynamos vs. Mumbai City.
- 20 October: NorthEast United vs. Chennaiyin.
- 21 October: Mumbai City vs. Goa.
- 22 October: Atletico de Kolkata vs. Delhi Dynamos.
- 23 October: Pune City vs. Chennaiyin (Week 4).
Carbon_14[Deleted User]red_devilatuljgamirsid123Admindeepak dedhamunna219777spartaDomnicand 4 others.

Comments