ISL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29625 Points
    Subrata Paul got a lot of flak at IFN last year bur he has made some superb saves this year....along with some elementary mistakes that we have become accustomed to seeing him make these days.
    BrainFallINDIA
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Guimaraes said he is pleased for the Blues’ success. 

“ He (Chhettri) played fantastically well. He scored superb goals. The first thing I did after the game was to congratulate him and the other guys. They are competing at the international level. This is good for Indian football. I am happy for the club, players and coaches. I hope they return as champions. Then, the energy in the whole group will be much better.”

He continued, “During our planning for the season we knew this was a possibility and we have to manage. Till now, the team has shown that that we have back-up to wait until they come back.”

https://khelnow.com/news/article/i_hope_bengaluru_fc_players_return_as_champions_alexandre_guimaraes
    Carbon_14
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    ISL is getting very boring

munna219777gaffertapeDomnicsanvedjadhavashindiadeepak dedhadeepufootydip
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I agree. Honestly there was something different about watching Bengaluru FC's match and then going back to ISL. ISL is great, it really is, but the fact that Bengaluru FC actually represent India for football is what sells them for me. Meanwhile, we know that the ISL, no matter who wins, they won't represent India, they will just be there. Bengaluru FC also give off this idea that they do what they do, not copy and paste from others, while ISL teams tend to be more in uniform.

Hopefully the "merger" can feature more Bengaluru FC type stuff and less of the artificial, top poppy ISL style. Also having something at stake like Asian competition would add to the league and make it more exciting (other than also having weekend only matches)
    red_devilCarbon_14reddevil87sanvedjadhavashindiamunna219777BrainFallINDIAgoalkeepargaffertape[Deleted User]and 1 other.
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    having regular matches is detrimental to ISL's popularity.  Atleast IMG-R should have learnt it by now. The reason for "boring" to some viewers is simply because of matches being held every damn single evening leading to viewer fatigue. I agree the match in the AFC cup was top notch, but fans would have said the same thing regarding BFC if they were playing 2-3 matches a week and was part of this 3 month ISL. The quality is bound to drop. 
    munna219777
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    edited October 2016
    BFC match was good quality. But, BFC played after a long time, so the quality was good, not to deny that they are a good team overall. Playing everyday surely adds to viewer fatigue and player mental fatigue. They go out of ideas. And viewers get bored seeing same type of games everyday. IMG should have learnt it by now.
    Merger is necessary to build on the hype. 3 seasons is enough to build foundation and provide momentum. The momentum will further drop next year if merger is not done.
    I am happy with this ISL. Its good. But, I'm not as enthusiastic as I was for the first season. Human nature. I won't be as happy buying a second Audi as my first Audi. Firsts are always first. And that feeling can never be replicated.
    munna219777
    In regards to that, I'll put it like this... I have MLS Live which allows me to watch every game on my laptop from the league. The league will have 8 matches on a Saturday and I will choose to watch the Dallas-Portland game... it is boring as fuck, barely any goals or action, just passing back and forth with long-balls and the like. If that Dallas-Portland game was the only game of the evening then people would focus on it more and complain about the teams and the league... but when that match is 1 of 8 going on that evening, and in an evening when Seattle defeated New York 5-1 with lots of action, that Dallas-Portland game would not be talked about as much.

Point? Basically the boring matches in ISL will be focused on more cause of the "game a day" style of the league. When it is the only thing going on, that is bound to happen. Add in things like fatigue from playing/traveling every 2-3 days and it gets worse.

This merger will be very, very important for Indian football. Whatever happens needs to happen right.
    munna219777gaffertape
    @coolgagan That is the job of the league and their marketing staff. Having things like Asian competition and the like would help keep excitement up.

Also love watching the Bengaluru FC match and not hearing the stupid ISL music after the goals (especially the Johor goal... in ISL matches, when the away team scores we get music and cheering, in this match it was booing). Also love not having to deal with fireworks and shit.
    sanvedjadhavmunna219777footydip
  • lokeshchandaindialokeshchandaindia lokeshchandaindia1085 Points
    Of the 8 ISL teams, Goa, Delhi, Mumbai, Kerala and Pune (Not sure of Pune) have had lesser shirt sponsors than last year. If this isn't an indication that the ISL is on a downhill then what is? Also three of the teams- Goa, Delhi and Pune, have their principal sponsors the same as their promoters companies which means a bigger hole in the owners pockets. I've had several people confirm to me that the TRP's and the attendances have gone down.. 
    Deb_BanDomnicatuljgmunna219777BrainFallINDIAgaffertape