ISL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Any comments on today's match?
    I just read goal.com's commentary. Looks like lot happened  :smile: 
    The guy who was supposed to miss today's match due to photoshoot in Mumbai scored in 105th minute  :# 
    red_devilamirsid123
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29282 Points
    zico gives out the truth of ISL. Isl is a rigged league *I'm 50 years in football - I have never seen such a shame, such a situation like this. It cannot happen like this. You're just faking situations for the fans that are here - because they are here (in the stands) they think it was real. They are happy, but this is not good, this is not football.*
    atuljgkarenesudhakar2050deepakcAshishKaulmunna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Yet he has been here for 3 years now
    amirsid123jees_joseAshishKaulsanvedjadhavgopiajeeshred_devilmunna219777
  • Full transcript of Zico’s post match press conference:

Zico responded to a question commiserating him on tough luck, be he had none of it, launching into his rant, saying “Not bad luck, what we saw here was a shame. These players worked very hard the whole week, they play very hard. They (ISL) bring referees from New Zealand to do these kind of things here. What can New Zealand teach football to the ISL here? The Brazilian referees that came here – they didn’t have any problems in the three games that they refereed.

If you want to improve here [Indian Football], you have to bring referees from top countries like Spain, Italy. I lost a final last year because of a Japanese referee that didn't know how to referee.

Kerala didn't need any help. They came to Goa and beat us playing clean football. Now we come here, and they put this kind of referee - we don't need it, it's a shame. It's not fair to the professionals that are playing here. They have their families to maintain, and they have to suffer these kinds of things and behaviour.

I'm 50 years in football - I have never seen such a shame, such a situation like this. It cannot happen like this. You're just faking situations for the fans that are here - because they are here (in the stands) they think it was real. They are happy, but this is not good, this is not football.

The ISL is so much more worried about other things - but these kind of situations, they are not worried. They are worried about what special news comes out of the dressing room - they didn't give a nice ground for us to practice here. They came to Goa, we gave everything. Now we played in this pitch here, and we didn't get anything.

Since yesterday what has been happening has been a shame. People are against Goa since the last season, but we're going to fight till the last minute.

Goa don't have the strength to fight, because everything is against Goa. They wanted it and it happened – because if Kerala didn’t score the goal, we would be playing with you now. They are always concerned about the fun – they are not worried about the referees.

Sorry, I just spoke from my heart, I wanted to say it.”

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Now that the merger is not happening & the circus window is taken by WC next year so is the circus going to be cancelled next year? We sure can't cancel the national league
    AshishKaulCarbon_14munna219777
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    This ref had no control at all over the match. First Richarlyson did not deserve the first yellow card as it was Mehtab who should have been sent off for raising his hands. Secondly, ref could have used a bit of common sense and given Gregory a yellow card considering it was a deflection and not deliberate. Shameful day for football. Mockery. End of ISL in Goa 
    goalkeepargaffertapekarenesudhakar2050deepakcsamiamdeepak dedhagopiajeesh
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points
    ISL3 sucks

I am telling this from week1
    gaffertapeAshishKaul
    Anyone want to comment about the world-class clearance from Raju Gaikwad right before Vineeth scored?
    Also attendance tonight was reported to be 34,196... shouldn't that be gold for the "ISL hater" since Kerala Blasters are known for their over "60,000 crowds"
    gaffertapekartik91Domnicamirsid123mohammed_87hassanatuljggopiajeeshAshishKaulmunna219777
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Zico please dint waste your time in India
    AshishKaul