ISL Week 7 Discussion Thread

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Usually someone would be joyful and celebrate the fact that a team filled with mainly their countrymen did well against a team that fielded six foreigners... but on IFN, we use it as a sign of doom for our football league.
    red_devilamirsid123NagendraThe real AGBrainFallINDIAsanvedjadhavkartik91kuldeep007
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    In the initial weeks people were worried that Indians arent perorming well in  ISL 3, and now when you see Indians doing well, people are blabbering on how foreigners in ISL are shit and how ISL will end up becoming like I league. 
    NagendraindianFootballFan
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9953 Points
    It IS a sign for doom of the league because we know the quality of desi players haven't spiked suddenly. And we know their levels from I-league matches. So it explains the quality of the foreigners. In that, it equates ISL with Sunday-Monday-filled I-league, in a different package. There is nothing in this statement to get worked up. Alternatively, explain the lack of popularity of ISL-3.

People did rejoice when Indian players overhauled JDT, Tampines Rovers or Puerto Rico.
    deepakcArsenalFan700Domnickuldeep007
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    Debharghya so lucky met Robin 
    Feeling jealous  :(
    Seriously
    Carbon_14karenesudhakar2050
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2974 Points
    BFC players spiced up the league
  • None, except for Vineeth
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    God, just watch the highlights of this match if you guys need to. You all act as if FC Goa dominated the last two matches with mainly Indians. They defeated NorthEast United and deservedly so as NorthEast played like rubbish and fielded a shitty team. Mumbai City meanwhile had a lot more concrete chances than FC Goa but failed to take them. How many times did Kattimani had to make a save compared to Amrinder Singh? Singh had to make some, especially at the end there but Kattimani was the more busy keeper and Mumbai couldn't convert. Arnolin had a good game, Richarlyson came back to help out. It was still a great game for Goa and the fact they did it fielding 8 Indians (and in the end fielding 6) is great and shows that the ISL should make it that at least 6 Indians are on the field (or maybe even 7) but if you think it means we are seeing the ISL go towards the "Sunday-Monday" types then you are delusional.

Also, lack of popularity? This match got over 18,000 last night for FC Goa, a rise from previous matches.

And people were happy with those other results cause it involved Bengaluru FC and the India national team. People here like those two things but dislike ISL so will look for anything to complain about it. We shouldn't even be joyful when Bengaluru FC defeats a Singaporean side... that should be a given. Same with India defeating THAT Puerto Rico side.
    red_devilkuldeep007
  • @Arsenalfan700 We all know that Stadium Fill numbers are fudged to make the big numbers that IMG-R want. We should check how many tickets were sold and how many were given complimentary. Gates were also opened to allow free entry. The North, South and East Lower Stands looked empty upto the 30th minute of the 1st half. The West Upper Stand also looked empty.The stadium capacity is about 19000. I dont know how they reported such a high number. Also , FC Goa have won all the twitter battles. A small state like Goa is outnumbering NEUFC, Delhi , Mumbai on twitter. I'm guessing they are using bots for this. Its not organic for sure. The ISL is all about numbers by hook or crook.
    Deb_Bandeepakcgaffertapemunna219777atuljgkuldeep007
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    I am with U when it comes to fudging stadium attendance .

How come Kerala can't get 62,000 people in when whole stadium was full but not once we got 60,000 attendance . Instead we get 54913 as highest attendance  :D
    gaffertapeatuljg