ISL Semi-finals Discussion Thread

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    Like said earlier "Defensive coach" molina makes it to the final. Its these kinds of coaches who can time the small cup like campaigns not your swashbuckling coaches who will run out of steam in crucial juncture (God damn MM!!!)

This despite the fact Kolkata fans here are criticising the way they played the campaign talks a lot about tactical acuman understanding.

If swashbuckling coaching is preferred Chennai would have won season 1 as well.

I still give the edge on ATK for the finals although equally defensive minded Kerala can also win if they make it to the finals with strong home form.
    red_devil
  • I wonder what will be the implications of the Fracas for ATK and Mumbai City FC ,,,,,given that FC Goa were fined 11 CR, 15 points deduction and ban on the owners for a similar / lesser incident at the Fatorda stadium.
    goalkeepar
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    FC Goa incident was a different situation altogether, with owners and players involved in brawl.   Overhyped by the two goan owners, as they were desperate to prove who the boss in Goa is. Goan owners didn't attend the prize distribution and started making all sorts of allegations how everything was fixed. Ultimately everything went against FC Goa.

I dont think much will happen in this case (MCFC vs ATK). Just a burst of bad tempers from both ends.  No owners affected. Both players Belencoso and Cunha red carded already.  Problem already sorted out. Youve got to be kidding me if someone expects a 11 crore fine and points deduction for this. I am sure some disciplinary action will be taken by IMG and AIFF, but nowhere to the extent of last year.  

Most importantly,  None of the teams making much fuss about it.   Teams behaving as if nothing happened :D

Image may contain 22 people people smiling people standing and shoes
    goalkeeparArsenalFan700PrakashKamirsid123
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29258 Points
    Balencoso started it by headbutting cunha. both the players got away it a red car no fines and all. rules are made and broken as per the condition by img-r. only if goa was involved then it would have been different.
    Soccerloverkarenesudhakar2050BrainFallINDIAatuljgsanvedjadhavThe real AG
    So you expect Rs 11 crores fine for a headbutt? ...LOL . Nowhere have I said that disciplinary actions wont be taken. Its just that the fines will most probably be restricted to individual players. The  scenario is nowhere near to what happened in last year's final. 
    amirsid123sanvedjadhav
  • lokeshchandaindialokeshchandaindia lokeshchandaindia1085 Points
    @red_devil kolkata... Well you obviously would give a biased answer since you work for Chennaiyin FC. So let me ask you a simple question. Did FC Goa deserve that punishment for merely boycotting a prize distribution ceremony?

Check this link below for the punishments given in the Italian match fixing scandal and you would realise that the punishments meted out to FC Goa was an absolute farce.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Italian_football_scandal

Mind you, this was or "match fixing" and the FC Goa punishments was for a mere boycott of a prize distribution ceremony. 

So applying this logic why shouldn't a guy be fined 11 CR for headbutting? After all this is league is farcical non recognised league and decisions are taken by the first lady of Indian football depending on her mood. Her ego took a beating last year because she had to pose with Chennaiyin while giving the trophy in front of an empty stadium and so she fucked the Goan owners. So why not do the same to Mumbai City, after all "her" League has received very bad publicity due to the brawl. 
    goalkeepar
    @Lokeshchandindia has given an unbiased answer here salute to you sir. and chennaiyin Admins in IFN and the blind members here should give accepte to the truth of ISL.
    deepakckarenesudhakar2050BrainFallINDIA
    okay , so after working for NEUFC , I have joined Chennaiyin FC .  Good to know that. :D 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @lokeshchandaindia No offense but you are the last person to be talking about "bias". You give good insights but there is always a side with you.

Also there was more to the Goan punishments than just not attending the ceremony: "FC Goa were facing the allegations of violating ISL Regulations namely for ‘boycotting match and league ceremony’, ‘public criticism and threatening match officials,’ ‘alleging that the match were fixed,’ and ‘non-adherence of League rules’." These include many things (http://www.indiansuperleague.com/press-releases/3652-sanctions-multiple-season-bans-for-fc-goa-owners-and-financial-penalty
    red_devilamirsid123goalkeepargopiajeeshmohammed_87hassanatuljgjees_josekartik91