I-League 2016-17

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Who are the coaches who have worked in India who have really impressed you....
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    My question: 
    Do you think your mindset now makes you capable to successfully handle teams like Mohun Bagan, BFC & EB ?
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala655 Points
    should ask him about if he got any ambition to coach national side and ghost of balewadi 
    munna219777
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    FPAI on Facebook

After a series of meetings and a survey conducted with most of the Indian players playing in I-League Clubs , we express their concerns on the following points in relation to the next football season.

1. The Draft System if proposed in the Indian Super League :
    Most of the players are against the draft system since they do not get an option to choose where they want to play. Most players want an option of signing directly for the club of their choice. Players may be comfortable in their choice of clubs.They consider the city, fans, coach and management before choosing a club.

2. Salary Cap if proposed in the Indian Super League :
    Since its inception the players have asked for a minimum salary cap for the team as well as a minimum salary for an individual player. This should be enough to sustain a payer for the entire year if he does need to be called a fully professional player. If we go by examples in the MLS (USA) and A-League (Australia) where there are Salary Caps there is a Minimum Guaranteed Salary per Player.

3. Squad limit in the Indian Super League :
    Since season 1 of the league the organizers have set a limit to the maximum number of Indians which a franchise can sign for a single ISL thus restricting employment of Indian footballers. We suggest no squad limit or a much higher squad limit. If there is a maximum salary cap per team and the team management can fit in more players in that budget we do not see any point in restricting employment.

4. Length of Contract :
    Players are unsure what are the rules for the following season in terms of a maximum length of contract. As we approach the end of this season players would prefer to sign longer contracts in clubs they are comfortable in whether it is in the I-League or in the Indian Super League.

deepakc7negiDeb_Bandebarghya89AKBgoalkeeparCarbon_14spartagaffertapemohammed_87hassanand 2 others.
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Minimum salary should be an issue as in the last draft we saw lots of players with salary 1.6 lakhs to 2.4 lakhs mostly from Shillong Lajong.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29701 Points
    While the same players earn 20-30 lakh in I league earn 1 lakh is ISL. eg Samboi houkip
    munna219777
  • Draft system now will be a bad idea;there has to be a sense of belonging,continuity to a team. IMG-R just want to control salaries and make the players dance to their tunes. Right now they remote control Chennai, Mumbai, NEUFC and Kerala. If they continue their highhandedness other investors will also pull out and they will have to remote control all 8 teams.
    munna219777
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    edited March 2017
    Demand 1 will be exploited by the agents for sure ,otherwise players like Nandy and Ishfaq won't find any takers but i think it's the players who should be making the decisions . 2 is reasonable. The minimum salary for a pro,suggested by the FPAI is 9 lakhs. 3 , again reasonable . The squad limit should not be less than 30 IMO. 4 again , agents looking to secure longer contracts for golden oldies or has beens . Longer contracts for young players makes sense. 
    gaffertapemunna219777
  • roca was not pleased by the condition in which his new signing Marjan Jugovic arrived, but he declared that they had started him on a regime to bring him up to speed.

“We would have preferred he had come to us in better shape and condition, but that is not the case. It would have been good it he had come earlier, but circumstances weren’t that way. We have made a plan for him and are working with him on that. I think he has enough quality as he has shown in training sessions, but in the game, he looks out of his best condition. We look forward to have him help us in a short time,” he hoped.

I dont get it, why sign out of shape player in first place? and didnt BFC performed medical before signing him? 

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited March 2017
    At first glance on TV, he looked unfit for competitive Football. I commented on his fat and bulging belly. Were they blind before signing him?
    gopiajeeshdeepak dedha