I-League 2016-17

Comments

• Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    IMO Issac is better than Samuel 
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    3 of the Bottom 4 teams are Direct entry ( corporate teams) in 2016-17

2015-16 the 1st & last placed teams were DIRECT ENTRY TEAMS ( BFC & DSK )

2014-15 the 2nd & last placed teams were DIRECT ENTRY TEAMS ( BFC & Bharat FC)

In the 4 years of DIRECT ENTRY TEAMS, Bengaluru FC might have won the title twice and have a 2nd and 4th place to show for it.
    BUT every year the last placed team has been a DIRECT ENTRY TEAM ( in 2013-14) Mumbai Tigers ( Dodsal) pulled out in the 11th hour.

So what have we gained...??

DSK Shivajians has built great facilities that have benefited the National team for some camps as well as sime pre-season games and youth tournaments.

Chennai City FC will provide some outlets for Dravidian coaching and football talents that are averse to trying to succeed in the existing scheme of things.

Minerva have a relatively successful poach and play academy model but with poor infrastructure.

Dodsal and Kalyani Bharat FC have become  like most clubs that Santosh Kashyap once coached.

---

Meanwhile Dempo has finally invested in an Academy structures, Salgaocar has continued its traditions of producing and nurtuting top young talents in Goa; as have SCdeGoa.

NorthEastern clubs are also continuing to produce players for the Constantine conveyor belt. 

So in the 10years of the I-League, we have seen the Bengal clubs spend the most yet achieve only 1 title. Those 2 clubs have oribably used more coaches in the entire time than all the other title winning clubs in the same TEN years.

Goan clubs for all their titles have little or no infrastructure to show for their on field success. Neither did they do anything for their supporters in terms of a fan base.

NORTHEASTERN teams have had their fare share of relegation / licensing troubles ,: Lajong, Sikkim Utd , Arhima, Royal Wahingdoh & Aizawl FC. Yet barring Sikkim Utd they have all entertained and unearthed some top talents . (5 of the last 6 Champions of the 2nd Division are from the NE)

Given the farce that the I-league has become in the last 4 years...MAYBE it is high time that it is revamped (again).

Will be curious to see what it is remembered for in 10 years.

deepak dedhaCarbon_14mohammed_87hassanmunna219777BrainFallINDIAdreamersanvedjadhavarchakfootydip
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    @gaffertape I-League revamp or Ligue 1 revamp  :s
    Too confusing

Let's see what IMG and puppets AIFF DO
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29707 Points
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    Hope games at  same time will stream on Sony liv
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Shubhasish
    Bheke-Arnab-Bukaneya-Robert
    Romeo-Rowlin-Lobo-Ruidas
    Wedson
    Plaza

This would be my starting XI for EB today. For Fed Cup, I will have Jackie and Jairu start in the wings, also have Gurung play CB instead of Arnab or Gurwinder. 
  • samsam 16526 Points
    EB and BFC finish with big wins 4-0 and 3-0                        
    respectively 3rd and 4th in league
    deepakc
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Oscar couldn't bring any change in fortunes for Mumbai FC
    The curse of foreign players struck again ( the only games MFC won were when a foreigner didn't feature , they were leading Lajong until he subbed the Afghan on ! )

So thats 4 seasons in a row , the relegated team has had a foreigner at the helm at some point <span>:smile:</span>
    2016-17 MUMBAI FC ( Oscar / Kashyap)
    2015-16 AIZAWL FC ( Manuel Retamero Fraile / Jahar Das )
    2014-15 DEMPO SC ( Trevor Morgan / Arthur Papas )
    2013-14 MOHD SP ( Bola Massod / Sanjoy Sen ) 

Carbon_14munna219777archak
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    What is the prize money for 3rd and 4th positions ??

last year it was 3rd place 40 Lakh Rupees
                           4th place 25 Lakh Rupees
    gaffertapearchak
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    I wont blame Oscar...santosh screwed up the recruitment & pre season...i hope Oscar replaces Dave at DSK
    gaffertape