XXIX International Granatkin Memorial Football Tournament

Comments

• Bunch of embarrassing Indian football "fans" here. Some cannot wait for the team to lose so that they can come here and spout their agenda. And results don't matter at this stage. Period. If you think the results are the standout factor being looked at by coaches at under-17 level, you need to educate yourself.

And age frauds or not, this is the team that has been given the opportunity that no other Indian team has been afforded in the path and the majority will represent India in the WC. Bleating about this issue is not going to make them younger or make them play better. The issue with age fraud has been discussed here a lot and it is AIFF and other parties that need to take care of that mess.

It is clear to me that some of you have a clear agenda (I am right complex) and if you are proved right at the expense of the national team losing (whether they played well or not does not matter to you). Frankly, it is truly disappointing.

namewtheldgopiajeeshBrainFallINDIADeb_Bansanvedjadhavkuldeep007mohammed_87hassangoalkeeparRonnyshibierand 5 others.
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Results don't matter is true, but why only 25 kids.. why not they expanded that pool to say 40-50 players? They could have given similar exposures to more kids... since Feb 2016 India played total 26 matches (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_national_under-17_football_team) and only 28 players participated... really? Is this team building? What happens if majority of these experienced players got injured or something?
    deepakcmohammed_87hassanspartagoalkeeparashindiagaffertape
  • India have have played far more than 26 matches  and more than 28 players have been at some point given opportunity to train with the current team, and been taken on match days in tournaments. It is upto the coach to play them and he likely thought they weren't even good enough to play. Keeping in mind that only about 20 or so are regularly picked, this tells you how poor Adam thinks some of the other players in the squad are. There is little that can be done on this now.

As for exposure, why should players who have not been deemed good enough by the coach be given exposure? (and there are people accusing AIFF for spending money on this team). I don't want o get into this issue now, but it is upto the clubs where these players play to give them exposure or arrange for better facilities and coaches. That is how it is done on almost all the clubs that came to play at the Granatkin tournament, where players who are contracted with Udinese, Atalanta, Heerenven, CSKA, Zenit, CSKA Sofia, etc were playing for their national teams.
    deepakc
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29251 Points
    result don't matter even in WC. we Indians will be happy if we get threshed in WC.
  • I will be happy once certain Indian football fans understand how football works.
    shibierarunskumar
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29251 Points
    OK Englishman we don't understand football only u do.
    samiamrudra
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    edited January 2017
    Thanks. Have a good day. 

PS. Englishman? I am just about as Indian as anyone can be.
    samiamArsenalFan700deepak dedhanamewtheldCarbon_14BrainFallINDIAspartakartik91
  • alecsalecs Kerala663 Points
    Iran ranking 27 and its u17 side just finished 14th position in this tournament. As far as i am concerned there is a massive development in playing style. 
    arunskumarnamewtheldsparta
  • Rav92Rav92 Kolkata1660 Points
    I completely agree with @The real AG ...But @goalkeepar what happen with you. is their any body bite on your back. Why you become hyper all the time... :D
    deepak dedhanamewtheldsamiam