2018 AFC U-23 Championship - China

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Bloody hell, throwing him away when he just turned 19.

Now I wait for the lol 
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    My thoughts exactly . I've said this before, the guys just 19 ffs. Give him some time. 
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    he is 19 ?? really ?
    ashindia
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    And that's what you take out of a young player being denigrated @goalkeepar
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I mean, even I will be honest and say that yeah, Lalrinzuala is probably not 19 but still looks to be at most, early twenties. If he is then he has plenty of time to develop.

Also looks like Constantine's system isn't working that much. We can blame the players but when you have an inept coach like we do then what can you do? Same with the goalkeeper. I literally blame Kaith with all three goals we have conceding during qualification. It is such a shame as well, we went from Gurpreet Singh Sandhu (who was already gaining interest from Europe) to Vishal Kaith! Guy can't even hold onto a ball! And he was somewhat impressive during the I-League, don't know what fucked him up here but good luck to FC Pune City.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    I am just asking. he doesn't look 19 too me
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Age fraud is probably just between 2-3 years now unlike the previous batches where it was 5-8 years and players will be in prime at 22 and their career would end up before 30

Also this squad will likely have a lot of players WC team of Qatar
    Performance wise this was good but we lacked a genuine goalscorer
    May be Liston Coalco would have done the trick
    goalkeepar
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    Lallianzuala is 21.
    Lallianzuala and me a few friends in common, so I got to know a lot about him.
    In fact,I was surprised to hear him speak Assamese slang words over the phone.
    goalkeeparCarbon_14munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    I don't follow our junior teams that much.In fact,this was the first match I saw our u-23(this team) play.

Regarding the match,I would say we were unlucky to have lost the match.We conceeded a goal via Goalkeeping error,otherwise we were quite stable defensively.

In attack,we hit the post,won decent corners,had 3-4 decent shots on goal.Also, 3-4 times we were in very promising positions but we're wrongly given offside.(poor umpiring).Our forwards were holding their own and were decent in attack.

Our midfield,as I have observed(watching 1st game of this lot) is suited for counter Attacking style i.e we can't hold onto the ball for long but can pass it accurately,that too very quickly.For first time,I can see our Midfield suitable for some style like possession, counter Attacking,Defensive etc.I feel our midfielders have decent Ball skills,good speed and decent distribution.They were sharp with one touch passes.They had decent creativity too.(Specially our no.8 ) caught my eye.

We were more than worthy of a draw and could have won it as well.

One last thing which amazes me is regarding Stephen's ideology,we ideally require players from domestic leagues so that our National team does well but he removes the players who actually do well for the National team.Lallianzuala Chhangte is the prime player who fits in this category.He is not playing in the National team even after performing excellently when he has played.

munna219777
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    @Bad ; Lallianzuala was not called to National team as his performance were not upto the mark in I-League. Maybe under a different coach and system he might be able to perform same way in domestic football.