• Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Yeah bfc away mb home slfc away cb away and mpfc away
  • samsam 16428 Points
    I am happy for AFC, but their chance of winning the league is not so high
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I hope they win the league just to show off Constantine
    Deb_Banmunna219777deepakcdeepuDXsanvedjadhav
  • samsam 16428 Points

Goan club Churchill Brothers defeated high-flying Kolkata giants Kingfisher East Bengal FC at the Barasat Stadium.

After the defeat, East Bengal fans came out to the VIP entrance which is used only by players and officials. They started chanting offensive lines intended for the referee as the referee had denied a hand ball in the dying moments. The 'fans' attacked with sticks, some threw stones and even bricks.

Two such stones were thrown at Khel Now Football's Kolkata correspondent Sourav Dey Neogi which hit his hand and shoulder. A police officer then covered him and took him out of the riot.

Is this true or exaggerated? 

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Dint you check the video they posted ?
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29621 Points
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/football/east-bengal-may-face-aiff-s-ire-for-abuse-and-vandalism-during-i-league-match/story-5Di6nXMUzEl4oHgzGuNPpI.html

East BengalEast Bengal may be punished by the All India Football Federation (AIFF) after a member of the coaching staff was heard abusing referee Santosh Kumar and supporters broke the cordon that marked the area for media’s interaction with players.

No arrests were made but the police had to rein in the fans after the I-League leaders lost 1-2 to Churchill Brothers. East Bengal player Cavin Lobo helped a fan from getting hurt after the match. East Bengal player Cavin Lobo helped a fan from getting hurt after the match.

“I have seen what happened and will definitely mention them in my report,” said match commissioner Binod Singh, leaving with the referees nearly 90 minutes after this 13th round match ended.

Morgan booed

The journey from being the saviour to someone they want to “go back” took a little more than 90 minutes for East Bengal coach Trevor Morgan. The home team’s supporters at Barasat stadium also directed their anger at club officials.

Morgan said the first half was the worst they played defensively in the 10th I-League. “Definitely as bad as it gets. If we could make five substitutes, we would. I couldn’t believe what happened.

East Bengal were defeated by Churchil Brothers on Tuesday. (Samir Jana/HT Photo)

“(Defensively) they were sloppy, lazy and showed some poor decision making; doing things we don’t encourage. It was horrific. They had one striker and we have three players and he still goes and scores. People have jobs to do and we didn’t do them,” said Morgan. During the media interaction later, Morgan said he wished he could make seven substitutions

The East Bengal coach was reacting to goals from Anthony Wolfe and Ghanefo Kromah that put Churchill Brothers ahead by the 34th minute on Tuesday. Wolfe capitalised on an error from Ali to score the first goal and Kromah utilised an assist from the Churchill Brothers’ skipper for the second.

Morgan also said Ivan Bukenya was substituted at half-time “not because he was injured.” The league though is a long way from being won and lost, said the East Bengal coach.

Miracle, says Pereira

If anyone had told Derrick Pereira that he would win three straight games including ones against Mohun Bagan and East Bengal, the Churchill Brothers coach would have felt that was simply unimaginable. “I would have called it a miracle,” said Pereira, who turns 55 on March 17.

“It was an honest effort from the boys; they were struggling in the later stages and the energy levels were down but they hung in there. Of course, being 2-0 up in the first half helped,” said Pereira.

The Churchill Brothers’ coach also said he was surprised by East Bengal’s starting 11. “I thought they would retain the team that won against Lajong. It didn’t make it easier for us but maybe it affected them more…We are still battling relegation but this is a bonus of three points,” said Pereira.

Another Report of this incident....btw in the first half, I heard the supporters hurling the choicest abuses in Bengali, though I am not sure who was the target of their ire...I know that such things do happen when passionate fans cannot tolerate their favourite club's loss, but I have never heard on television expletives hurled out so loudly and continuously...plus abuse and assault on anyone, be it fan, player, journalist, referee or any other person has no place in sports I think....having said that, I affirm that I have been as disappointed as any EB supporter about the loss but I re-affirm my faith in the Red and Gold brigade and I do hope they win this I-League
    munna219777
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @sam I had a brief chat withSourav. According to him, he is fine but was an unfortunate target.
    @ArsenalFan700 Expecting a sudden drop in refereeing quality for Aizawl matches

deepakcsamsanvedjadhav
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    East Bengal has strikers but they have no wingers to provide them with crosses 

munna219777
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    They have wingers but Morgan doesn't know how to utilize them :'(
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    That guy Nikhil Poojary I think winger for East Bengal is not impressive at all. Churchill Brothers Substitute Sohrabuddin Mullick looked far more enterprising.
    Adil Khan at Churchill Defense looked miles better then Arnab Mondol and Anwar. I saw the match only in bits and pieces but I feel that East bengal is missing players like Bikash Jairu, Gurwinder Singh (If he was not in the squad today).
    sanvedjadhav