2016-2017 I-league- Round-13 Penultimate round before the break

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    If AFC win the league they can't play in AFC Cup 
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    True that ... and so AIFF were right when they disqualified them from I-league. A Fed's job is to keep its league clean, like it or not.
    Carbon_14BrainFallINDIAgoalkeeparmunna219777
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited March 2017
    It is strange that AIFF inducts teams with no proper vision...only to disqualify them citing this reason or that reason. Moreover AIFF is also unable to ensure that established teams stay on, remember JCT, Mahindra Utd, Dempo, Salgaocar, SCG to name a few all backed away. Churchill has been inducted only because of some Court ruling I think. Then what for AIFF is ? Also what is the role of AIFF President, Secretary, I-League CEO & also other Executive committee members ? If Aizawl FC wins the title & then barred from representing India in Asian club tournament....it is a shame not to the club Aizawl FC but to AIFF....but it is just like playing a flute in front of a buffalo....AIFF will never change.
    gaffertapeCarbon_14
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    Two separate issues, though both related to AIFF's incompetence; one is induction of proper teams, second retention of established teams.

AIFF does right to induct teams without checking their antecedents but giving them a full year to comply the norms. Most of the norms are not financial, but are organisational & operational; so not very difficult to adhere if the clubs are interested. It is for the clubs to show their willingness, not AIFF's prerogative to get them the compliance (though a pro-active would have done exactly that). The clubs fail them, by not taking the deadlines seriously and probably expecting some waiver.

Retention of established clubs is a separate issue involving basic and structural issues like the financial model of the league and the clubs themselves, marketing of the league, distribution of profits out of sponsorship, involving the clubs in the league, etc,and the like. AIFF has to bear a major part of the blame for not imbibing professionalism in the league, in the clubs, and of course within itself.

At the end, both are linked. And failed by AIFF on most parts.

Carbon_14
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Everyone wants AIFF to be professional and strict yet everyone blames AIFF when they try to be it. Hypocritical.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    @gaffertape because of their stadium ? 
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    edited March 2017
    They failed in the financial critetias too.
    gaffertape
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29628 Points
    Sanjoy Sen playing the supposedly unfit Eduardo...is he making the same mistake of playing an unfit Sony Norde a couple of matches back?
    Pritam Kotal makes it 1-0 for Bagan
    Thoi Singh makes it 1-1