AFC U-16 Championship 2018

Comments

• trojantrojan 371 Points
    http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elbe4YNZeo8

Indonesia definitely looked good in that match against Thailand. Skilful and agile. India’s defences have to be on their toes to contain their attacks. The way Indian team struggled against Malaysia it won’t be easy against either Vietnam or Indonesia. 
    souravindiagoalkeepar
  • Yes they are a very good unit. Defeated Thailand on multiple occasions as well as Vietnam and even japan. They drew with Oman. So it will be a team to beat. Going to be difficult for India in this group. Hope and pray they play well
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Indonesia coach is right about the speed. Off late Indian teams have physically strong and fit players but not fast. Same was visible against Maldives when Sarthak, Singh Bose were beaten in pace by guys who were 5-8 years older than them.
    munna219777goalkeeparspartaarchak
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29251 Points
    India will probably finish last in the group 
    MikiRonny
  • karanshkaransh 542 Points
    Hope not even though I fear the same. Let's see if we can at least trump Vietnam. I feel we will be caught by the pace of all three teams.
    goalkeepar
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Going by our past results and our opponents results, we should beat Vietnam and then the result against Iran will be crucial to our chances..anything can happen against Iran and Indonesia, we have the capability but just need to remain focused..I have seen this team literally dominate Japan, China even though we lost eventually..They have drawn with North Korea,Serbia etc..beaten other finalists like Jordan, Yemen,Tajikistan with ease..not sure how you guys can write them off so easily
    namewtheldsouravindia
    Indonesia media are quoting Dan Tri as: "Except Iran, the other two teams in Group C, namely India and Indonesia, are not strong teams, so the chances for the quarter-finals are not small".
    goalkeepar
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6477 Points
    edited September 2018
    @ karansh
    Is Indonesia media saying India & Indonesia are not strong teams ?  then, its true
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2018
    I feel It is very difficult to predict a result before the match actually starts,specially at u-16 level(because of inconsistency).

I feel we have more balanced team than our last u-17 team.

A freakish penalty,red card,own goal efc can shift the momentum of a match any time.

I personally feel that we have a balanced team and I won't be surprised if they progress to at least the Quarter Finals and possibly further in the Tournament.

At this age level,being physically strong is better than being speedy.Also,it depends on the position as well.

Eg) I have seen our team.We have got some decent speed among our attackers.

Also,ultimately I feel it boils down to how well you play.Speed and Physicality are secondary because if they both were primary demands then one would play Sprinters and Bodybuilders instead of Footballers.
    rathorevarun4 shibier
    @Nagendra that's Indonesia media quoting Vietnam media.