Indian Football Infrastructure

Comments

• shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    Ambedkar stadium sees good turnout even for local games...had good attendance records for India's matches in the past...will be happy to see it getting a facelift!
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Whatever i said about Ambedkar might take years to be done but currently, the stadium is messed completely. 
    mohammed_87hassanAshkaul5
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Ownership of Ambedkar Stadium is in the hands of Municipal Corporation of Delhi. They cannot just hand it over to a private company. It is from an era when Delhi was Union Territory. Neither Delhi Government nor Central Government  or Sports Ministry has ownership over Ambedkar Stadium. Why will MCD give their property to a private company when these stadiums are given on rental to various purposes Sports or Non Sports? This is intended use of stadium plus revenue source for MCD.
    They did not give away Andheri Sports complex in Mumbai - the same municipal corporation owners.

Why will they give JLN delhi- a massive property which has so many offices of Sports ministry to a private company for 7-8 matches in one year? Stadium lease is given when matches happen- thats it. Offices hostels indoor stadium, swimming pools, lot of non football activity is also there at JLN stadium. that is almost 1000 crore public investment.
    Deb_BanCarbon_14indian_goonersparta
    SAI not able to maintain JLN Delhi and not much revenue coming up for it. Why will they give? 

Why AIFF gave all rights to IMG?  Because you get 75 Crores for a year without doing anything. Same thing will happen for JLN Delhi, they will get flat money and reliance will maintain the stadium also and rent it out for different events throughout the year. 

For Ambedkar stadium, there were no tender listed but Reliance has come up with a proposal to renovate the whole stadium. Right now the stadium is in Dust and not fit for any good national level tournament. 
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    edited December 2017
    It's probably on Build - Operate - Transfer after a few years basis for Ambedkar stadium. 
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29636 Points
    Image may contain one or more people sky and outdoor

Image may contain sky and outdoor
    Floodlight Towers constructed in East Bengal Ground
    indianFootballFanCarbon_14indian_goonerEastBengalPridedeepusparta
  • samsam 16428 Points
    I thought the whole gallery will have bucket seats !!
    Sports Minister now making public but what i told above it likely to go to Reliance. 
    kartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Mohun Bagan vs Shillong Lajong will be played in which stadium - Barasat Stadium??

What is the status of Rabindra Sarobar stadium this season? not going to be used at all?

Every year we listen to this news that Mohun bagan, East bengal grounds will be used for I-League. Will they always fail the basic criteria for I-league?