India vs Macau AFC Asian Cup Third Round Qualifier

Comments

• BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    The guys pretty good, looking forward to see him play in the ISL, hope he get some minutes.
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    if He’s good he will get else he won’t 

plus India won’t risk playing different players against Myanmar and Kyrgyzstan 

till April ( draw for Asia cup ) expect caution from nt and aiff
    archaksouravindiamunna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29251 Points
    SC knows his both wins were lucky against Myanmar n Kyrgyzstan both time chattri saved his ass. now he will lose both of this coming matches n give excuse of playing the "B" team.
    munna219777shibier
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    We should experiment next round of matches. I believe Constantine is with us till at least the end of the Asian Cup so we have to deal with that.

We need to try new players and hope something works out. We have guys like Chhetri (34 by the AC), Edathodika (31, verging to 32), Lyngdoh (32), and Balwant Singh (32) who played today who will be old by the Asian Cup (not including CK Vineeth (31), . Would love to see guys like Manvir Singh, Lalruatthara, Jerry Lalrinzuala, Amrinder Singh, Nikhil Poojary, Udanta Singh, and Sarthak Golui get time next matches in November. 
    archakNaujawanmunna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Regarding the bold letters, it seems i pressed the bold option unknowingly because i had written the first few lines in normal mode.

Regarding my huge post supporting Stephen,let me tell that i also don"t like him but no sane person can think of sacking him specially after Asian Cup Qualification by dominating the Group in the manner which we have done Result wise.

We should realise , we are not Japan in Asia or any other Major Countries ,where we can have the debate that even if we qualified but our performance was not up to the mark.This sorts of debate, we have w.r.t our Hockey Team or cricket team,that even though we won the match but our performance wasn"t great because in both these Sports are Players are well equipped with the game and almost all the players have good basic skills.So performance element can be considered.However,in Football the level at which we are Results should matter for us because with the players which we have got,Performance will be out of the question because we all know that are players aren"t just good enough be it anyone.

It should be simple understanding,that the level where we stand currently,we should be happy we the Results which we have got.forget the Performance. Eg)Huddersfield in EPL.Their Goal ideally would be to stay in the Premier League for atleast 3 seasons or more, even if they don"t play the best football.Once they would have reached a certain level,then they"ll look to play a certain brand of Football by probably signing better players.

Similarily,for India with the type of players we have, staying in the EPL(in our case Qualifying for the Asian Cup is a historic achievement) and be happy with it.However,as our U-17 boys develop in 2-4 years time,then look to incorporate them in the team and play more Technical Football(Just like Huddersfield will look to do in 3-5 years time by playing a certain style of football).

Being Disappointed after qualifying for Asian Cup and even look to sack the coach is the wierdest thing i have heard,specially with the below average players we have got.
    Rav92munna219777EastBengalPridearchakshubham_northeastern
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    Aiff guys are lazy pricks who will not even consider removing Coach SC . When they didn’t sack him after WC debacle...they for sure won’t now ! 
    Rav92munna219777
  • Whatever anyone says, unless we play better teams we will always be lacking during Big tournaments and even for important qualifiers. And this is what people do not understand. We would have been left totally exposed in a different group and yes it was goo din a way that due to ranking we got a better group to play. Targetting easier group in Major tournament is exactly what is needed, while on the other hand facing tough opponents in FIFA friendly dates is what prepares a team for ultimate tests when one faces. Just being happy defeating teams like Macau, Nepal Bhutan etc does no good whatsoever to any team. One needs to understand where one stands actually. Its good we qualified for the Asia cup, but we need to prepare ourselves well and face quality opponents as preparation for the tournament.
    I have seen every foreign coach gives us a delusional view of our standards by trying to play against substandard teams and then ultimately failing against Big Guns and giving excuses that we are facing such Good Opponents for first time. Indian football will never grow this way, never
    Rav92
  • Rav92Rav92 Kolkata1660 Points
    @Bad Sorry to say it bro, Your words doesn't make any sense. You said it multiple times that we should be happy what we have got. Which is completely baseless. The day you become happy or rather Satisfy with your work, Your downfall start from the next moment. We are not in a position to be happy. This happy things ceased us from everything. In your language as a minnow nation, we should always opt for hard work and find new ways for our betterment and not be happy.

And this coach is not good for our betterment. His approach, His view, His knowledge, His tactical sense, everything is as shit as he is. Year after year has gone but we remained at the same position just because our so called Happy,  approach. We qualify for the Asia Cup good now we need to think about the next step, that is how we can reach the knock out stage of the tournament. Remember one thing If Syria(though not qualified for world cup), Iceland, Panama can do it why not us.

It is in our genetic, that we love to lost the battle before we try. We shouldn't be happy or rather satisfied until we reach our goal.

* Your approach, We should be happy what we have got, Its good philosophy for life, not for any Sports.
    NagendraMaddiegoalkeeparashindiaRonnyshubham_northeastern
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited October 2017
    Rav92,

Bro,no need to say sorry.I always enjoy a healthy discussion.However,It seems that, either you haven"t read my post properly or you weren"t able to understand the crux of my post.

If you would"ve read carefully,then you would"ve  Noticed/Observed that i have never said that we should be happy on qualifying for the Asia Cup.

What i have said is that " WITH THE PLAYERS WE HAVE", WE SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH OUR ACHIEVEMENT  I.E QUALIFYING FOR THE ASIA CUP WITH TWO GAMES TO SPARE."This is what happens when you read between the lines.Don"t expect Maruti Alto to run at a speed of 300 km / hr was the message of my post.These players aren"t good enough to play in a specific style.

There is a huge difference between what you have said and what i am saying.

So,i hope this will put your Syria and Panama Theory to a side.

munna219777deepak dedhaashindiaNagendra
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited October 2017
    I have also said that we can look to implement a certain style like possesion , counter attack , high press etc  when our U-17 team players will be maturing i.e in 2-4 years time when they will be ready for the National Team.With them playing for the Senior Team,We can think of playing a certain style which suits the players.

For a Style to be called a Style,you must be Best in the World at that or you must be playing against every  country/club with that Style ,only then it is called a Style.eg) Barcelona or Spain playing Possesion style or so called Tiki Taka is irrespective of the opposition,they play the same way be it Real Madrid or Granada and win matches.If they would"ve been playing according to opposition then its not a style. Similarily , Liverpool High press irrespective of the Opposition,Tottenham High Press Irrespective of opposition.

If you"ll look globally and even if you include both clubs and countries then also only 15-20 clubs/countries are present to whom you can associate a specific style.

Any Style be it Possesion,Counter Attack,High Press,Route 1(High ball) etc requires atleast 23 players of that Kind,11 starting and 11 Reserve players minimum.

Now,look at Indian League players,and pick a Style and then analyse that do we have atleast 23 players who can implement that particular Style against every opposition we play. The Answer is a Big NO.So,we need to adapt according to our own players and opposition currently.

However,with technically better players coming in our u-17 team,we can look to implement a particular style which suits the players and based on which the players coming after the current u-17 lot can be groomed on in advance.

munna219777archak