So...........
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    edited June 2018
    No offence Cahill has  250+ appearance for Everton and over 50 goals 
    Sunil struggled to play 10 minutes for Sporting Portugal B team

I admire Chhetri but such things are nonsense 
    SoccerlovergoalkeeparCarbon_14sanvedjadhavashindiareddevil87
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    Sunil was never given the chance he deserved. Every other team signed him just to expand their reach to indian football consumers. I am sure if Chhetri was given enough chance then he could have proved his worth.
    Soccerlovergoalkeeparindian_goonershubham_northeasternsouravindiasanvedjadhavMikimohammed_87hassan
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    Dont get carried away guys, everyone on this forum absolutely loves Chettri, but will all due respect don't compare him with an EPL regular.
    indian_goonerashindiaEastBengalPridekartik91
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Chhetri is Bhutia 2 ;

He is at the end of his career, and now trying to increase his equity/creating an imagery of himself, so that he can use it to make money after his playing days' are over.

Lets face it, instead of going by social media posts!
    spartaindian_goonershubham_northeasternsanvedjadhavEastBengalPrideDXshibier
  • RatulRatul Howrah1323 Points
    I said it on a lighter note.
    There can absolutely be no comparison between Cahil & sunil.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Chetri if he got his break between 26-28 would have had a good 3-4 seasons as a established football league 1 lower half player.
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    doesn't matter where he would have been or whatever he could not do. What matters is that he tried outside even after he was 27+ and those experiences helped him become a much better player. It's the mentality and discipline that other footballers need to learn from him. The hunger to succeed, learn new tricks- evident from his penalties, freekicks, left wing play, ariel prowess etc..he just kept working hard and has become a much better player. Not as dynamic or skillfull to watch like Vijayan or Bhutia but way more productive and opportunistic, probably way fitter as well
    indian_goonersanvedjadhavdeepak dedhasouravindiaspartaashindiashibier
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    Bhutia didnt have this kind of form at age Sunil currently is. I havent seen Vijayan much, but Chettri is definitely better than Bhutia.
    spartaPrakashKindian_goonerEastBengalPride
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    Vijayan was sharper than both.

Also, he was less glamourous than both. Very weak at marketing as well.