2018 Intercontinental Cup

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    This is awesome! Did not realize so much effort went into it..appreciate their efforts. Cricket fans are also shocked :)
    indian_gooner
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    According to @dhritiman7 who has watched Chhetri,Bhutia and IMV he told IMV was a better player 
    Deb_Ban
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    Vijayan's play style is totally different than other two . He was very casual in the field but any time can shift the gear and can attack with his swift movement. He plays for the gallery , so his game  was treat to watch. May be that's the reason Bengal still remember him and loves him. 
    indian_gooner

dhritiman7 2274 PointsU23 Olympian
    @Hassan - wrong thread but in short 

IMV - Gifted, natural and complete striker. Technically will always be no 1. Was't professional enough declined Fulham for MMB. (Fulham later signed Luis Saha). 

Sunil - Very good close control due to low center of gravity, cool head, good finisher, motivated and experimental. Tested himself in the international club circuit. Lack leadership and does't always respond to the occasion. 

Bhaichung - Technically will be no 3 always, started as a attacking mid, Akramav made him striker. Was deadly inside the box, never thought for his own safety while going for a goal, his ability to lead from the front, hunger for more and level of thinking took him to another level. Always fought with thyroid and knee problem (he is still fighting with thyroid and its chronic). To me he is no 1 because of leadership, ability to challenge himself and his contribution to Indian football off and on the field.  
    munna219777indian_goonerspartaatuljg
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    BB-"his contribution to Indian football off and on the field.  " -- Contribution off the field? You mean politics? I have not seen him do anything for India post his retirement.
    Sunil- " Lack leadership" - I disagree on this point. he is the one pulling the strings together for this Indian team both by his performance and leadership skills. The difference between hi and BB, is he is an introvert leader while BB was the opposite.
    This way back before all politics stuff 
    Old post
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3416 Points
    Wait. Did I just read IM Vijayan declined Fulham for Mohun Bagan :#
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Vijayan definitely awesome but was more like an unpolished gem. Baichung was a treat to watch. I think the most skillful of all 3. With the ball at his feet he looked ao menacing. He could literally score against anyone anytime. His agression was way more than the other two. No wonder he played in England for 3 seasons. I can never forget watching him play and score. Those days of Baichung, Chapman and Ancheri were a delight to watch