2020 AFC U-23 Championship

Comments

• DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    @ashindia Why the fuck would India be banned from FIFA for not playing fucking cricket? In 2003 WC Zimbabwe refused to play against some other team but they weren't banned by FIFA. How is cricket and football even related? Use common sense
    goalkeepar[Deleted User]ashindiadeepu
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] 4984 Points
    edited February 2019
    it wasnt zimbabwe who refused , it was england and new zealand who had issues with zimbabwe and kenya respectively, it was cricket world cup... and both countries forfeited points  but ICC dont ban countries . and.there was no FIFA world cup in 2003

what @ashindia is asking whether we will play against pak in AFC u23 qualifiers , if we dont play pakistan in  that then what are effects.. 

first try and understand what people ask with your extraordinary common sense 

now coming to answer...
    few years back we used to play against pakistan on neutral soil (for cricket I remember this) but not in India..I believe we will follow same suite besides there were reports that pakistan withdrew or something so that will be good for us
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    @shanks_dehighliving Oh Ok, I don't follow AFC U23 so I never knew who or when India U23 is playing lol. I thought he was talking about cricket
    deepu
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    Yep Government interference would defentitly lead for Ban 
    We must be happy football isn't popular in India so these kind of things don't happen.

I remember some political parties forced IPL to be shifted outside chennai so that they could get national attention and p
    Central government hurry up on Cavery issue. But nothing happen expect embarrassment to the state.

Making such decisions would never lead to anything good.
    munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    India should bully ICC and get Pakistan banned from international cricket. 
    goalkeeparsparta
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29618 Points

INDIA U23 NATIONAL TEAM CAMP KICKS-OFF IN GOA

India U-23 National Team camp kicked-off at the Tilak Maidan in Goa today (March 3, 2019) with newly-appointed coach Derrick Pereira taking charge of the youngsters. 

The camp is being held as part of India’s preparation for the upcoming AFC U23 Championship 2020 qualifiers which are slated to be held in Tashkent from March 22, 2019. 

38 players have been summoned for the camp with 19 have joined so far. The rest will be dropping in after finishing their respective club commitments, both at the domestic level and also at the AFC Cup. 

Not less than 8 players who had represented India in the FIFA U17 World Cup India 2017, have also been called up. Overall, 11 players from India Arrows will be in action at the camp. 

“It is important to get all the players together,” Coach Pereira maintained. “All the boys are coming back at the end of a long season. Ashique (Kuruniyan), Jerry (Lalrinzuala), Hitesh (Sharma) are ruled out. All of them will be badly missed,” he informed. “We need to check the niggles and fitness levels of all in the camp. We cannot afford to lose anyone anymore.” 

Nishu Kumar, Anirudh Thapa, Mohd. Nawaz and Sairuatkima haven't been able to join this camp owing to their club commitments, while Ashique Kuruniyan, Sahil Panwar and Jerry Lalrinzuala have been ruled out courtesy injuries and Hitesh Sharma is suffering from chicken pox. 

The squad will be flying to Doha to play a friendly match against Qatar U23 National Team before the continental championship qualifiers. 

“I am very excited to play Qatar. I feel most of the boys from that team will go on to play in the FIFA World Cup in 2022. It will be a tough test.”

https://www.the-aiff.com/news-center-details.htm?id=9485

munna219777Carbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Ashique Kuruniyan, Sahil Panwar and Jerry Lalrinzuala have been ruled out courtesy injuries and Hitesh Sharma is suffering from chicken pox.

Thats a loss for the squad.

Ronny
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29618 Points
    https://www.hindustantimes.com/football/indian-football-has-a-lot-of-talent-and-must-keep-developing-u-23-coach/story-izr3zYRs5mv6ZD7EHyvogO.html

Indian football has a lot of talent and must keep developing: U-23 coach

The strength of any football team is its bench and for a team like India which is looking to take giant strides in the world of football, progress at the grassroots level is of prime importance.

The camp at Goa for the AFC U23 championship kicked off on Saturday. While the boys sweat it out in the middle, the man in charge of the U23 team Derrick Pereira feels that India has a lot of talent at its disposal.

Pereira said that the team of probables that he has at his disposal, is a good mix of some exciting young and quality experienced players. The only need is that these players gel together and become a winning combination.

“There are some very young players who need that bit of experience, while at the same time, there are some high quality experienced players who have already had first team experience.

“Both the groups need to gel together in our attempt to find the winning combination. If we expose all of them for a longer term, this bunch can definitely mature into future national team players and big assets for Indian football,” he said.

Indian football is improving and our aim is to build up from where we are and move ahead, said the head coach.

“Indian football has improved a lot. We need to build up from where we are, and move forward. We need to keep competing at the top level. We need to be regularly playing with top Asian Countries, both at the International, and Club level too,” Pereira said.

He however, was apprehensive about the fact that some good players can be missed as all the boys are joining the camp after a long domestic season. Though he preferred all of them together in the preparatory camp.

“It’s important to get all the players together in the camp to prepare for the AFC Qualifiers. On top of that, all of the boys are coming back at the end of a long season. Ashique (Kuruniyan), Jerry (Lalrinzuala), Hitesh (Sharma) are already ruled out. All of them will be badly missed.

“We need to check the niggles and fitness levels of all in the camp. We cannot afford to lose anyone anymore,” he said.

The head coach was excited about the March 11 practice match against Qatar to be played in Doha.

“I am very excited to play Qatar U-23 in a practice match. I strongly believe that team will form the nucleus of the Qatar National Team in the 2022 World Cup. They are a team of pure quality stuff. The match will help us immensely to prepare for the forthcoming AFC Qualifiers.

“It will be a huge challenge and a very stiff competition for us. It will help us to gauge where we stand. Not to forget Qatar are the current Asian Cup champions, and that Almoez Ali, the highest goal scorer of the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019 - is an U-23 player himself,” Pereira added.

Though Pereira would have preferred another match had time permitted, but he is happy with whatever he has got.

“Even as matches are very important, it’s also significant that we prepare well. Preparation needs a balance between the training sessions, and practice matches. Time is of utmost importance to prepare the boys. Had we got more time, we may have been able to squeeze in another match.”

On the multiple captaincy issue, Pereira observed: “For me, the Captain needs to lead from the front, and set an example. He needs to inspire others, lift up their morale. His attitude on and off the pitch will be the true definition, and reflection of the team.

“I have just taken up this challenge and I need to have a closer look at the boys and decide on it later. I will watch as to how everyone fits in the groove, and react all throughout.”

As far as qualifying for the main competition from a group consisting of teams like Uzbekistan and Tajikistan, Pereira sounded very optimistic. “We are in a very tough group. Uzbekistan are the current AFC U-23 champions. They are playing on their home soil. They are extremely dangerous, while Tajikistan have always been a very physical and competitive team.

“But we prepare to go in with a plan and will try to play exciting football and get results.”

However, Pereira preferred silence about the last group match against Pakistan also to be played on the last day of the competition, on March 26.

munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Pakistan team is still listed in the championship. So is India going to boycott the tournament or what ??