2020 AFC U-23 Championship

Comments

• samsam 16425 Points
    I don't think India will boycott even the WC match against Pak.
    I just wonder this deshbhakts where do they go when BCCI do not send team to the Asian games year after year 
    munna219777mohammed_87hassan
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited March 2019
    Cricket is not any olympic sport- so they can do anything in it without any loss or repurcussions.

BCCI has exclusive right over their cricketers and they dont want  their players to represent any other body - India in asian games (Indian Olympic Association ) or in IPL type foreign leagues where they dont mint money - thats a different matter.

Look at USA - when Kaepernick took a kneel down protest during NFL matches to show solidarity with Black Lives Matter movement - it angered lot of conservative whites in USA. As they form bulk of TV audience, no NFL team has ever taken Kaepernick again. This is non - olympic sport and they can do politics depending on their audience.
    On the other hand, USA quietly plays against Iran, Cuba, Russia despite severe political hostility in olympic events.

Same thing can happen in Cricket for India as bulk of audience favour it.

But they need to learn the difference between cricket and olympic events. It is india who will be isolated and lose in other sports !!!!  Not allowing visa or boycotting football / hockey tournament goes against Olympic charter and our players will get punished.

namewtheld
  • samsam 16425 Points
    Cricket will soon be Olympic sport. In any case you did not understand my point. 
    munna219777deepu
    edited March 2019
    Possibly I didnt understand.
    I was just trying to say that repurcussions in non-cricket sports will be detrimental for India.

Look who is getting isolated !!  It is India who is getting punished.

Lets see how we handle this Football tournament.

• samsam 16425 Points
    I agree, but also for non ckt sports the effect will be temporary. We have already discussed the previous Olympic boycotts during cold war. However, that was done as a group, not individually. So we might suffer a little long. 
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    The reason as to why India was/is under scrutiny is because it refused Visa to the Kosovo Boxer as well.It is not only related to Pakistani  Shooters Visas.

In the past,India refused Visas of the Pakistani Hockey Team in 2018 despite them having qualified forfthe World Cup but there was no issue then.

Also,one more thing which we need to understand is that Cricket is different from other Sports.The leverage which we(BCCI) enjoys in Cricket is no where close to other Sports.Also,the impact of Cricket related affairs on Pakistan will be much more than any other Sport because it is the only Sport which has got some sort of following in Pakistan.

BCCI GENERATES AROUND 80-90% of ICC'S TOTAL REVENUE.BCCI'S LEVERAGE IS HUGE.

Also,if all the BOARDS/COUNTRIES  can form a consensus w.r.t not playing cricket in Pakistan after the terrorist attack on Sri Lankan team then provision to Boycott it completely gollofoll the Pulwama attack isn't out of the question.

munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    Kosovan boxer should had used a valid Serbian visa 
    munna219777

Pakistan Team did come for 2018 Hockey world cup in India. They were not refused entry.

Now IOC has asked letter from government that whether India will allow all country (including pakistan) participants or not ?? If not, then that is violation of Olympic charter and no event should be held here. Different federations need to submit guarantee to IOC thru their international bodies otherwise no international event will take place in India.

There is a difference between boycotting meaning not going to a particular country & not allowing a particular country participants. In 1980 Moscow olympics, USSR did not block any country to come. Not going was voluntary decision of American bloc.
    Remember that it is IOC and international body event, not the Host country event. World cup is FIFA world cup. AFC Asian Cup is AFC property, not the host country property. So despite the fact that there are horrendrous relations between UAE and Qatar, Qatar team did come to play and win the tournament. The tournament would have been cancelled if UAE disallowed Qatar team to come.

I agree that cricket is different.

Few years back, Kabaddi world cup was organised in India and Pakistan was not invited. They were able to do this because International Kabaddi Federation is not recognised by International Olympic Council. This is not possible in recognised disciplines like shooting or wrestling or hockey.

BadCarbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited March 2019
    Munna,if you'll look at the larger picture then Hockey is perhaps the only Sport(Olympics wise) where India and Pakistan can come across in a one on one match that also would be a group match meaning India can still progress despite forfeiting that match(Uptown the Govt.)

Not Playing that match wouldn't have that much of a repercussion except for the points.

I am not saying that you don't Invite them for the Tournament (if you are hosting it) ,what I am saying is that you don't play them in a one on one match(Cricket,Hockey,Kabbadi,Boxing etc).

Games like Shooting,Athletics,Swimming etc are fine because that is not against any one individual.It is a Comprehensive Event.
    munna219777